The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM

possessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nicepossessed is just really nice
Default A Little Redemption, Old Dominion Style

After a less than spectacular day yesterday, I decided to head north of the border and catch some fish.

I picked a stream where I knew I could catch some fish. This stream has wild and stocked fish. Unfortunately, I caught way more stockers than wilds.

As I was rolling up the interstate, I saw the cows standing, I knew it would be a good day.

Click the image to open in full size.

I fished for about 45 minutes before I caught my first fish.

After catching a few small fish, I caught this decent sized brown.

Right after that one, I caught a brown that I would estimate was 17 inches. I am going to buy a net tomorrow. With the fly rod in one hand and trying to grab that big beast with the other, he eventually came unhooked and went on his merry way. I had him in my hand but dropped him twice, if I had a net I would have a picture.

After catching that beast, this little brown was like catching nothing at all.

Pretty little wild rainbow.

This trout chow reared fat pig but up a great fight. Almost lost him due to not having a net.

Another decent stocker.

And the final fish for day. This stocker fought hard. I fought him for 5 minutes before getting him to hand. I think it would have been faster if I had a net.

I did not take a lot of pics. The fishing was pretty intense for a while, I just wanted to release them and catch another.

All and all, a good day, especially for February. In case I forgot to mention, I need to buy a net.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:41 AM

hound_hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Little Redemption, Old Dominion Style

I know I'm late but I just signed up. I'm new to fly fishing and stationed in VA so hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little bit for the VA fishermen in the future. I hope I can find a nice little place like you've got though, great fishing and great report! Get a net, and keep the pics coming.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Little Redemption, Old Dominion Style

possessed: Great fishing report and photos, congrats on the nice looking trout! I agree you need a net!

hound_hunter: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! You mentioned being stationed in VA so you must be in the military. I spent two tours at Langely AFB, VA.

Larry