The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 PM

scottb123 is on a distinguished road
Default Big Pine Trout Farm

I'm headed to Big Pine the middle of July. Really looking forward to my trip. Anyone here know of any flies I shouldn't leave without? Also how is the fishing? I would love to leave there with a citation. Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Big Pine Trout Farm

Scott,

First things first, welcome to the Fly Fishing Forum. Second things second, what 'Big Pine' are you talking about? I grew up in North Central PA. and know only one Big Pine. I do not know what you mean by a citation either.l

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

scottb123 is on a distinguished road

Here is Big Pine Trout Farm:

Big Pine Trout Farm

And, here is the citation explanation:

Trophy Fish Size Chart
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Scott,

I thought you were talking about Big Pine Creek of PA. I do not know anything about your destination but I'm sure that the proprietors at the place can advise you on what to bring.

Do you not trout fish the streams along the Blue Ridge Parkway? Some require a hike but I found good fishing down there.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

why would you want a trout citation from a fed trout, no glory there. Now catching one in a wild stream would be good. that place has to feed the fish..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 06-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

..... I use to work at a pay-to-fish place. The folks who payed to fish there got really jazzed about those oversized trout. We had regulars who fished there every weekend. One guy would take a fish home to mount a few times each season.(don't know where he put them all )

I fished there daily myself and to me a 26 inch "fish in a barrel" wasn't nearly as rewarding as catching a 9 inch "trophy'' brookie in the tiny brook across the street from my house

that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM

hercdiver is on a distinguished road

Do you really get a sense of accomplishment by catching a fed trout, in a private pond? That's like shooting a huge deer that is kept in a fence enclosed pasture! Sorry if I sound rude, cause I don't mean to be; but a person truly feels accomplishment by working hard for it. Not for just showing up!