The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 11:33 PM

jjb4 is on a distinguished road
Default fishing Ken Lockwood Gorge NJ

Has anyone on the forum fished Ken Lockwood Gorge? If so can you give me some help what type of flies to use, tippet size, best time to go, and any fly shops in this area?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: fishing Ken Lockwood Gorge NJ

Hey man I was there back in mid March, the water was low and no trout were biting at the time. Was there for 5hrs and no hit's. Saw alot of people there but only saw one guy catch a maybe 7in rainbow He was a #20 pheasant tail Nymph that's all I now.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Depending on where your coming from there's Ramsey Outdoors and Tight Lines on 46, I think although Ramsey might be on 206, sorry its been a while. Flies for the Gorge are pretty basic, hare's ears, pheasent tails, golden stones, and caddis in both tan and green will do nymphwise along with a good assortment of midges. For dries BWO's, Adams, Sulphurs, Caddis and midges will be a good sellection, don't forget the standard attractors. Streamers also do really well early and late in the day. The Gorge fish see alot of rods and I do mean alot, stealth and presentation are a neccesity and don't wade out till you fish the bank first. The SBR is a great little river but I would consider heading further north and west to Sussex and Warren Counties.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 PM

jjb4 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the information.