The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By d3adp0ol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Default Jones Falls Anyone?

Does anyone fish the Jones Falls in Maryland?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM

d3adp0ol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jones Falls Anyone?

For your own safety, I would strongly advise not wading into or fishing the Jones Falls anywhere within Baltimore City. While Lake Roland is stocked and has good fishing, anything below the dam is too polluted to risk wading in. There are a large number of open sewers which drain directly into the JF along with all the street runoff from the heavily trafficked roads (and I-83) that run alongside it.

Frankly, unless you live walking distance from Lake Roland you are better off hopping in the car and driving 15-20 minutes to any of the great nearby streams. Just 20 minutes West is Patapsco State Park, which has a number of great spots along the Patapsco and is also stocked in spring at two different points (Daniels area and Avalon area). 15 minutes to the North is Loch Raven reservoir, which I haven't fished myself but I've heard it's popular with the tubers and kayaker fly fishers. Then there's Lower Gunpowder Falls just 20 minutes NE, another fantastic and beautiful spot for stream wading.
only adipose likes this.