The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM

flytyingfred is on a distinguished road
Default hatches

we are heading to the north fork river wva. the first week of may and I was wondering about the hatches. I looked at the hatch chart but we live in Pa. and the hatches here are way early approx. 3 weeks ahead so was wondering what hatches to expect there the first of may. Any other patterns would be welcome also. thanks Fred
Old 04-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: hatches

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the forum! if I were in your position (I grew up in North Central PA.) I would take the basic PA. selection and be prepared for whatever. Unless you get into the Hex hatch in MI. or the Salmon Fly in the Rocky Mountain States the PA. Assortment will get you by almost anywhere in the lower 48.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I don't know about that river but do know a lot of bugs are hatching earlier this year. Did you try googling a hatch chart for that river? I only watch the Elk in West Virginia.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 AM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Fred,

Welcome. Try this link, I think it will help. Best of luck.
WV Mountain River Retreat Fishing & Hunting