The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 12:44 PM

shadz is on a distinguished road
Default Trenton, NJ Area

Hello all! New to the forums, so be gentle. I live in the Trenton/Hamilton TWP., NJ area and was looking for some places to fly fish. Looking for streams with easy access. I know the D&R canal is close by me, but am unsure of whether you can wade in this section or not. I am mostly familiar with Northern NJ. (Big Flat Brook, Ken Lockwood Gorge, Muscenetcong, etc.) However, with my current life situation (new baby, going to be a year old in July) I want to find some places to get my line wet, without the 2 hour drive. I would prefer to stay in NJ, so I don't have to by 2 licenses, but am willing to check out PA as well, since it is so close. Let me know! Thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trenton, NJ Area

Welcome to the forum shadz. You have the right name for my suggestion . Hit the Delaware right now for Shad. Any where from Lambertville all the way up to Pa. And you only need one license to fish the river in both states .
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-21-2012, 05:26 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Trenton, NJ Area

look in the nj regulations there they have a lot of stocked water listed, most streams along the delaware above stockton have trout stocked and wild.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-10-2014, 02:47 AM

melisahawk is on a distinguished road
Default Trenton, NJ Area

hey
Welcome to the forums and i think for now you can start with D&R and yes you only need one license to fish the river. But Trenton Bay is another a good option for you to fly fish.