The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fly_guy12955

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Looking for a fellow fly fishing bud

Anyone live in southwest Virginia that loves fly fishing ? I'm sorta near Wytheville , Virginia. If interested in hooking up for some fishing, just PM me.

Michael
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Looking for a fellow fly fishing bud

Hi Michael,

I am far from you but lived in VA for a while. You are within range of Danville and the Dan River, do you fish up that way? As my memory serves, we don't have a large Virginia membership, or at least they are not frequent posters.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Ard, I'm in the southwest end of the state, but Danville IS within reach. The really sad part is there is hardly anyone here that fly fishes. Maybe one of the reasons is that 'most' of our trout is stockers and people just say 'I can do that with anything.' I dunno. And if you wade to work the currents, you really get some angry eyes from the bank fishermen with rods proped out waiting for a 'bite' A time or two when I've been questioned was to why I'd fish with a fly rod and have to wade,,,I just say 'I just never got the hang of them spinning reels ' And folks only use waders there to cross the creek. If wasn't for that, hardly anyone would need them. You'd be surprised at how little some of the bank fishermen know about reading a section of stream and knowing were the good trout are laying. They just 'cast in' all over. I just can't fish the way they do. 'Catching' just isn't all there is in it for me.
jpbfly and noreaster like this.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:36 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
And if you wade to work the currents, you really get some angry eyes from the bank fishermen with rods proped out waiting for a 'bite' You'd be surprised at how little some of the bank fishermen know about reading a section of stream and knowing were the good trout are laying. They just 'cast in' all over. I just can't fish the way they do. 'Catching' just isn't all there is in it for me.
I agree. I hardly call propping up a rod and sitting on your butt fishing, more like lounging. When fishermen are all over the banks its usually time for me to head home. Or come back for the evening fish when they are all packing it in.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 AM

swhite1989 is on a distinguished road

I lived in Elliston for a long time now I live in Rocky Mount. I still frequent the New River Valley though. Send me a PM and maybe we can get together and do some fishing.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you've got a new fishing bud Michael....it's one of the reasons I love this forum...