The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM

twospots has a spectacular aura abouttwospots has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where would YOU go??

LOL... You guys are great.

Did more research myself and found a few spots in the Smokies. I figure if we go South that's probably where we will end up, and all of the campgrounds I have seen open April 1st so we should be good in that aspect.
I kinda thought most of the planet had all fishing seasons open by at least April fools day... but I guess not. GREAT info about Mossy creek and other local spots in PA though. I may look into heading thre later anyway. Sadly I have 2 trips planned before may. Another friend want to go to his cabin in WV and fish Williams and Cranberry in February. (also another option for taking my best friend I guess but I wanted to go somewhere I have never been as well).

Thanks for all that info and keep it coming if you have anything to add. Very Serious Thank you to you guys.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospots View Post
LOL... You guys are great.

Did more research myself and found a few spots in the Smokies. I figure if we go South that's probably where we will end up, and all of the campgrounds I have seen open April 1st so we should be good in that aspect.
I kinda thought most of the planet had all fishing seasons open by at least April fools day... but I guess not. GREAT info about Mossy creek and other local spots in PA though. I may look into heading thre later anyway. Sadly I have 2 trips planned before may. Another friend want to go to his cabin in WV and fish Williams and Cranberry in February. (also another option for taking my best friend I guess but I wanted to go somewhere I have never been as well).

Thanks for all that info and keep it coming if you have anything to add. Very Serious Thank you to you guys.
Sounds like you have a good plan and glad the members could provide some solid advice. The April 1 opener isn't universal, for example in Yellowstone NP the fishing opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. In Wyoming you have to pay close attention to the regulations the openings/closings are all over the map mainly (I think) to protect spawning fish, I'm guessing other states have similiar rules.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Trout is open all year round in Virginia.