The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice
Default Fly fishing near around Rehoboth Beach, DE?

HI -- I get out to Rehoboth Beach somewhat frequently in the spring/summer and was wondering where might be a good place to wet a line? I know of the fishing pier at Cape Henlopen, but have never waded around there and have no idea what tackle to use or what species might be there.

I'm not set on any particular species, and would be interested in virtually anything out there -- Jacks, etc. Any folks know of good spots to hit? I have a 5 weight, a 6 weight, and will probably get an 8 weight before too long.

Thanks,
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Fly fishing near around Rehoboth Beach, DE?

I live in Lewes and but see your a Caps fan and I fish with flyers fans only!! Only kidding you may want to try the SFAOD.com good club cheap dues and lots of fun
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly fishing near around Rehoboth Beach, DE?

any where along the beachs will do. or the indian river jettys. need an 8 wt. for sure at the least. stripers, weakfish, flounder, blue fish,etc. clousers, deceivers, bobs bangers, maybe a crab or 2.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
I fish with flyers fans only!!
I just watched 'Broad St. Bullies' the other day! What a team man that's when hockey was tough, now its just hockey still tough but but nothing like that.
Check out where you are going to fish at low tide, look for sand bars, rock piles, anything funky around jetties, and get familiar with the tides. Fish the likely spots during the incoming tide and then try it at the out going. During the slack scout and blind cast the shore line.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM

SkipS is on a distinguished road

I wade the flats around the pier often and it can be good at times.Clousers and decievers will pick up trout,flounder,stripers,and blues.Later on the croakers show up but most are on the small side.I usually use a 6wt rod uplined with a 7wt line,either a floater or an intermediate.I also fish the jetty at IRI and the same flies work there but I use an 8wt or a 9wt.Poppers are also good on the jetty and you will neeed korkers for the rocks as well as a stripping basket.