The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM

houli has a spectacular aura abouthouli has a spectacular aura about
Default Savage River / North Branch Potomac

I got out last Friday and Saturday for a couple days of fishing with limited success. Weather was cold and snowing on and off but flows were fine with Savage running in 89 CFS and North Branch around 330. My friend and I met up with Troutslayer on Friday and he showed us around the Savage and we gave this challenging river a shot for a few hours. Mostly fished a black streamer and nymphs with no luck. I did have a follow on the streamer but no hookup. Troutslayer had a fish on but came unbuttoned. We stopped for lunch around 1:00 and headed to Barnum for round 2. We mostly scoped out the river and fished for about an hour with nothing again.

I got up Saturday and headed to Barnum around noon and fished for a few hours and landed 2 smallish rainbows on egg patterns.

All in all it was tough fishing and cold weather but a great time. Can't wait to go back.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.