The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM

gaz19 is on a distinguished road
Default Riverdale NJ

Hi i am visiting Riverdale NJ at the end of July, is there any trout fishing nearby and any fly shops.

Thanks

Gary
Old 05-04-2014, 07:37 AM

toxicfly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Riverdale NJ

Morris country has lots of good streams. I'm a bit west of there so don't get over often so ill let someone else chime in with specific streams. Check out Tight Lines fly shop in parsippany, they will point you in the right direction.

Jason
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Depending on water levels, in July you never know, you have the big Flatbrook, the Muskenectcong, the Pequest, to name a few. These are all pretty good size rivers & usually are fishable year round. Go to the NJ State DEP website for a good list of fishable water.. I think the best fly shop in the state is"Shannon's" which is on the south branch of the Raritan in Califon , NJ. Again check their website..

Good luck
Neil
Old 06-08-2014, 05:05 PM

lycokayaker is on a distinguished road

Check out a shop called Tightlines. They are closer to your area than Shannons and have a huge inventory of fly tying gear and rod reels. I have been to both and could easily spend an a half hour at tight lines

Old 06-14-2014, 12:34 PM

bluesman2 is on a distinguished road

Don't overlook the Ramapo River near Mahwah . Not sure how well it summers over but I've had good spring fishing near Tuxedo , NY . New Your also has 10 or 15 $ per day non-resident license. Also the Pequannock River up Rt 23 .