The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By enolaeagle
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 1 Post By enolaeagle
  • 1 Post By waterfordcreek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 04:20 PM

gregpeil is on a distinguished road
Default Trout near selinsgrove pa

Hi my name is greg and I will be attending susquehanna university this fall and was looking for some good streams to fish near my school. Hopeful you guys can help me out
Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Trout near selinsgrove pa

Hi Greg,

Just up the road (Rt. 15 North) is Lewisburg PA. Look to your map and find the road that goes west out of Lewisburg toward Weikert. I forget the Rt. number but that is where trout water starts on Penns Creek. It's a big limestone influenced creek and if you find the area (topo map) where Cherry Run enters the fishing starts in the rapid water just down from there. You can follow the road & creek all the way to Spring Mills and Coburn and find fish all the way. There are many other destinations depending on how intense your schedule is but that's a start. I'm not ready to go into great detail at this time but can do so via PM, the area I speak of is no secret so I put it out there..............

Welcome to the forum, do me a favor, become a regular and post with us when time allows or I'll be a lot more tight fisted with my advise

Ard
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Howdy Greg,
There is also a small trout stream in White Deer.

From your school:
15 north
Right at Tedds Landing strip to 11 north
Left on Rt 147 thru Northumberland.
147 to I180 towards Williamsport and take the first exit. (Watsontown/McEwinsville)
Left off exit
Right on Rt405 and take that to Watsontown.
Left at 3rd St. light/over small bridge towards White Deer and the stream runs through that area.

I actually have not fished that yet but know some locals that do and apparently there are some stocked areas.
jaybo41 likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:45 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Its been a while since I fished it, but years back when I had a consulting gig that took me all over PA, I took advantage and took my fishing gear with me. I'd fish in the evenings rather than sit in the hotels.

I used to stay in Danville, PA often and right down the road from me was Mahoning Creek. Access was easy and there were plenty of good spots with nice looking water. From the looks of a map, it's about 30 minutes of a drive from Selinsgrove.

Here's a good resource for you to check out. I think you'll find yourself in the middle of plenty of great options.

PFBC County Guide

Ard provided some wonderful advise too, Penns is most certainly worth checking out. Please keep posting with us and good luck in your studies. Enjoy it while you can!
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, and if you're fishing in Danville... be sure to take a hike to Knoebels Amusement Park to ride the Phoenix and Twister.
jaybo41 likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-09-2014, 07:36 AM

dpreller is on a distinguished road

greg i cant help you with the trout fishing but... by all means hit the susquehanna for smallmouth the fishing from selingsgrove down to harrisburg can be world class.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:34 AM

gregpeil is on a distinguished road

thanks everybody for your help! hope to see some of you guys at these fishing holes
Old 07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I probably won't show up Greg but you're welcome While you are planning take a look for directions to Furnace Creek, it's down that way toward the university. The mention of White Deer Creek is a good one, you will need to get some maps so you can find these places.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Whenever scouting new area.....I love Google Earth and Topo maps.

Add internet resources...and you have PLENTY of new water to fish.
enolaeagle likes this.