The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By gfiad
  • 1 Post By spm
  • 1 Post By gfiad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 PM

gfiad is on a distinguished road
Default SNP wild brookies

So I fished a nice stream in the SNP today and man was it good! I caught a lot of brookies and even a wild brown. It was raining for most of the time I was there so I didn't get photos of my largest fish, but here are some from before it started to rain. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
I fished a dry-dropper set up with a Mr. Rapidan and a bead head prince nymph. I ended catching fish on both the dry and the nymph. I hope to be back next week. I'll post another report if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmwphoto, jayr, flyminded and 1 others like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:49 PM

spm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant futurespm has a brilliant future
Default Re: SNP wild brookies

Welcome to the forum.

Nice fish. I haven't been to Shenandoah in many years. As I recall, a hurricane was coming up the coast and we had to skedaddle. It is a beautiful place.

Take a minute and fill out the bio section and tell us a little about yourself.

steve
jayr likes this.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

funny thing is Steve, he has been a member longer than you but this is his first post. Many just like to read the info.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:15 AM

gfiad is on a distinguished road

So I've updated my info. Funny thing is, this is not my first post and I think I joined this forum in 2015, not 2011. I started fly fishing around April 2015, I think. I just realized that I accidentally created a second user name when I logged into the forum using the app on my phone. My original user name is gfiad2. Oh well.
spm likes this.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:17 AM

itchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful brookie