The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic Area (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/mid-atlantic-area/)
-   -   Kettle Creek PA (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/mid-atlantic-area/3771-kettle-creek-pa.html)

dshort 04-04-2008 09:45 PM

Kettle Creek PA

I was wondering if there is anyone here that knows Kettle Creek? There was a picture of the stream in one of my TU calendars a few years back and it looked awesome. Ever since then I've had an itch to make the trip and check it out. Is it worth a 4 or 5 day trip and a 7 hour drive? Thanks for the help.

Bruce 04-04-2008 10:57 PM

Re: Kettle Creek PA

Kettle Creek is a great trout stream with some regulated water. I don't know where you're coming from, but if you make the trip there are other streams you must fish. Kettle Creek is in Potter County and there are so many other great streams within hours that are considered prime trout streams. The Loyalsock, Young Womans, Pine Creek, Cedar Run, Slate Run, etc, too many to mention. Contact the PFC for details. Definately worth the trip. Pine Creek alone offers just about every hatch known to North Eastern US.

sandfly 04-05-2008 07:24 AM

Kettle Creek is definitly worth the trip, along with Pine, Slate(trophy Trout),Cedar. There miles of wild brook trout streams too..If you plan to come contact me through my site..

Greenwood 04-05-2008 09:36 AM

I won't rehash the excellent info from the above posts, but I will say that I fished Kettle and Pine last May for 3 days. It was an excellent trip. So much, in fact, that I'm going again the last week of May this year! For me it's only about a 2 1/2 hour drive. On that particular trip, I caught more fish on Kettle but bigger fish on Pine (which was a much larger stream than I anticipated!). Enjoy!

dshort 04-05-2008 11:03 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

layla17 04-09-2008 12:19 PM

I recommend Pine Creek. I've been there a few times in the past 2 years and it never disappoints me.

brookie 04-13-2008 01:01 PM

If you were to spend a couple days there, I would recommend making the extra 45 minute drive south to hit spring creek in centre county, the numbers of fish in the stream is amazing I would bet it would be better than kettle. I think the extra bit of driving would be definetely worth it.

adrian 04-13-2008 07:42 PM

I agree, if you are going that far give Spring creek a shot as well.

dshort 05-06-2008 06:08 PM

Anyone have experience on these streams in September? Looks like I could expect some caddis and terrestrial action? From what I've seen in my limted research the Mayflies will done? Thanks guys.

brookie 05-11-2008 11:58 AM

I think terrestrails like small ant and beatle patterns will be good bets, but i think bwo's hatch in the fall if Im not mistaken, can anybody verify this?