The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about
Default Kettle Creek PA

I was wondering if there is anyone here that knows Kettle Creek? There was a picture of the stream in one of my TU calendars a few years back and it looked awesome. Ever since then I've had an itch to make the trip and check it out. Is it worth a 4 or 5 day trip and a 7 hour drive? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 PM

Bruce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kettle Creek PA

Kettle Creek is a great trout stream with some regulated water. I don't know where you're coming from, but if you make the trip there are other streams you must fish. Kettle Creek is in Potter County and there are so many other great streams within hours that are considered prime trout streams. The Loyalsock, Young Womans, Pine Creek, Cedar Run, Slate Run, etc, too many to mention. Contact the PFC for details. Definately worth the trip. Pine Creek alone offers just about every hatch known to North Eastern US.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:24 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Kettle Creek is definitly worth the trip, along with Pine, Slate(trophy Trout),Cedar. There miles of wild brook trout streams too..If you plan to come contact me through my site..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 AM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

I won't rehash the excellent info from the above posts, but I will say that I fished Kettle and Pine last May for 3 days. It was an excellent trip. So much, in fact, that I'm going again the last week of May this year! For me it's only about a 2 1/2 hour drive. On that particular trip, I caught more fish on Kettle but bigger fish on Pine (which was a much larger stream than I anticipated!). Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:03 AM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:19 PM

layla17 is on a distinguished road

I recommend Pine Creek. I've been there a few times in the past 2 years and it never disappoints me.

Fishing
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM

brookie is on a distinguished road

If you were to spend a couple days there, I would recommend making the extra 45 minute drive south to hit spring creek in centre county, the numbers of fish in the stream is amazing I would bet it would be better than kettle. I think the extra bit of driving would be definetely worth it.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 PM

adrian is on a distinguished road

I agree, if you are going that far give Spring creek a shot as well.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:08 PM

Anyone have experience on these streams in September? Looks like I could expect some caddis and terrestrial action? From what I've seen in my limted research the Mayflies will done? Thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:58 AM

brookie is on a distinguished road

I think terrestrails like small ant and beatle patterns will be good bets, but i think bwo's hatch in the fall if Im not mistaken, can anybody verify this?