The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 09:13 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Luray Va. Shenandoah NP.

I will be in Luray Va. for a week for work It is very close to Shenandoah NP. i have never been there before and was looking for a little advice on where to fish and stream conditions, i wont have alot of free time but a couple hours every evening. I am not looking for your honey hole just a few access points with fish close by.
thanks in advance
JimW
Old 05-18-2008, 12:59 PM

short tip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Luray Va. Shenandoah NP.

Hi Jim,
You'll be closest to Jeremy's Run, about 8 miles north of Luray off rte 340. You can access it off of a county road near Rileyville, believe it is rte 662. A trail walk of about a mile or two puts you in some nice water. There's been lots of rain so it should be ideal. Park HQ is on rte 211 just east of Luray, they can provide you with PATC map #10, which covers that area, as well as fishing regs, etc. There is lots more fishing on the east slope, drives of 45 mins. to 1 1/2 hrs. PM me for more info if you like.
Paul