The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 06:12 PM

jpd5184 is on a distinguished road
Default trip destination idea

i am looking to do a fly fishing trip over thanksgiving break. i am looking for some ideas on were to go. i live in the philadelphia area. i have fished the poconos and upstate pa by spring creek a lot. i was looking in virgina,maryland,vermont but anywere will do. i will be driving so it can be a super long drive and will be camping so would like a campsite near by. anybody have any ideas.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trip destination idea

I've fallen in love with the Little Lehigh Creek in Allentown, PA, but that's not too much of a trip. There's the Shenadoah Nat'l Park, and that would be a trip.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:13 AM

i have fished that many times, forgot to mention that, so nowhere by state college, the poconos or the little lehigh

i know that pretty much counts out anywhere in PA. i really would like to go outside of the state and try something new.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:23 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Virginia Trout Fishing - Virginia Fly Fishing Trips Adventures - Shenandoah Valley

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I found this portion of Orvis's website not too long ago: Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions for United States, Canada and Mexico Click on the state you're interested in, and there's a decent report and description for select streams and rivers.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:09 AM

i was also thinking about the gunpowder in maryland