The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM

scorpion1971 is on a distinguished road
Default New Member

I grew up in the Glen Burnie, Pasadena area before joining the Military and I currently live Indiana. When I was living in Md. I was not into fishing or fly fishing. That all changed after moving to Indiana when my wife said she wanted to learn to fish. I then got the fishing bug about 6 years ago and she joins me about 2 or 3 times a year. I picked up fly fishing and tying about 4 years ago. I was finally able to catch my first rainbow from a put and take stream here in Indiana. I was reading Eastern Fly fishing Magazine about Beaver Creek in Maryland and got to thinking about coming back to Maryland and trying for some fly fishing for trout. I would be coming back for vacation in the spring and possibly in July. I was looking for a few spots that I could fish for some trout and try my flies I tied. Any help planning a trip would be greatly appreciated. I would even consider hiring a Guide for a day to help give a better Idea of the region. Thanks In advance.

Mike P.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: New Member

Hi Mike,
Cant help you in Maryland but Im sure someone will be along to help soon. Just wanted to welcome you. So.........

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member

Mike: Welcome to the forum, hopefully someone here can fill you in on fly fishing in Maryland.

Larry