The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 AM

Ace3767 is on a distinguished road
Default Western Maryland

Hello im located in western Maryland. I grew up fishing the local streams and rivers with my close friend and grandfather.Now im 41 and trying to start my own guide service. I am within an hour of hundeds of great holes. Some examples are the Castelman,Savage River. All of these are located in the great application mountains. Recently i was in Washington D.C. i was in Bass Pro Shops and over heard 2 men speaking of how they would like to fish the western parts of Maryland. The men said they were affraid of getting lost or not knowing were to fish. They were aware of the Savage river but was not awear of the inviorement. Im looking to start my service but for now just telling u a little about western maryland. I plan on posting photos of the beautiful mountains.Pldase contact me for more information.

Ace!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 PM

hiddencreek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Western Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace3767 View Post
I am within an hour of hundeds of great holes. Some examples are the Castelman,Savage River. All of these are located in the great application mountains.
Ace!

You spelled Casselman River wrong...the area has a bunch of great guides but they could always use another(I guess)! Have you been to the Savage yet this year?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Ace3767 is on a distinguished road

yes! actualy i went up before the christas holiday to find about 6 inches of snow! and also i met two men staying in a cabin for the weekend. they said they were from Annapolis Maryland and always come up times a year to stay and fish. They had no luck that day but jsut enjoying the atmosphere and the wonderful fishing.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM

hiddencreek is on a distinguished road

Well, 6 inches of snow in Garrett County...is not a big deal!! Were those guys you ran into staying at the Savage River Outfitters cabins...that is a great place to stay...highly recomended!
I am going to try and hit the Savage...this Saturday.
Spring is almost in the air.