The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:31 AM

MarlinBoy is on a distinguished road
Default Antietam Creek

Hello, i go to school close to Antietam creek at Shepherd University and was wondering if anyone had knowledge on Antietam creek near Sharpsburg and Boonsboro, such as good access points, stocking info, holdover info, etc...any help would be appreciated, as this stream is very convenient.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Antietam Creek

Check the Maryland DNR website. I just checked it and it's not listed in the Pre-season stocking list.

Maryland DNR's Fisheries Service Home Page

As far as access points, I don't see much info. I'd check with Antietam Creek Canoe.

Antietam Creek Canoe
Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM

ab4usa is on a distinguished road

In Maryland there is trout fishing in Beaver Creek and Catoctin Creek not too far from you. Also some pretty good small mouth fishing in the Potomac.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM

switchfisher will become famous soon enoughswitchfisher will become famous soon enough

Maryland is actually one of the better states to make it clear where their stocked water is. If you go to this page, you can click the links and they will show you where the water is right on Google:

2009 Maryland Spring Trout Stocking Schedule

For Antietam in particular, go to the Antietam Creek Park on Lappans Road and park there. You can walk downstream or fish in the park. A better choice is beaver creek as indicated above. Move options there.

Mikescatchreport is a good blog with Beaver Creek coverage.