The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM

fisherguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Penns Creek, Coburn , PA

Pavel,

All the tips above I agree with...Now I will throw my 2 cents in....lol...I recommend the first week in June if you can swing it...The Green Drakes will most likely be all over the place...The hatch is mostly around dark and after but well worth it!!! Lots of people fish the hatch with drake duns, coffin flies, or a (white wulff )so you can see it after dark...I fish a dark sulfur nymph right on through the hatch an the big browns will reward you for sure!!! Can be a special day if you time it right....Try the fly shop right in Coburn....The Feathered hook I believe....Good luck!!

Gordon
Old 05-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

If you come I would not miss a day on Spring Creek. I think it has the largest population of Wild trout in the PA and is a great place to fish. I just spent the last three days there and I can not wait to go back.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM

CodyPA is on a distinguished road

Pavel,
the only website you need is pennscreekangler.com check his stream reports for the most up to date info. I live on Penns and his info is right on. Also contact him about streamside rentals. End of June is best option of the three.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM

hippo69 is on a distinguished road

The rain is here. The Drakes are at Ingelby and moving tword the tunnel. Sulphers are hatching in Coburn and fishing is good. Some of our guests had good luck at Fishing Creek yesterday and another is at Fishermans Paradise today. I suspect with the rain and cooler temps it may affect the drake hatch. They were everywhere for about a half hour at dark last night. Typical hatch along with others hatching at the same time. I agree to check Penns Creek Anglers web for up to date info. We still have a room or so open if anyone needs a place on short notice. If you cannot catch them at all the regular places we will try to head you in the right direction. I am a worm flipper at heart but know where the fish are, as I am retired and fish ALOT.
Penns creek is the place to be. This weekend should be great since the sun is suppose to be out and it is to be warmer. You can call at 814-349-5875 if you want an " Out the window " look at stream conditions. Good fishing, from " The Reel-em-Inn "
Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM

robbylepczyk is on a distinguished road

hey man, the river will be very low in august. late September would be better, since the air and water temps will be cooler. streamer fishing could be pretty good at that time.

go and visit the Feathered Hook in Coburn, they can tell you much more about the river.

i also suggest a trip to the Elk Creek Cafe, good food and great beer

i dont know what your plans about sleeping are, but you can camp at Poepaddy state park, since there isnt much around there as hotels go.

good luck man