The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough
Default Philly

i'm coming to philadelphia from saturday to text saturday visiting my relatives... whom aren't fishers! my dad wouldn't mind takin me somewhere to fish, but before i bring my fly pole to philly is there any ponds in which i can stand from the banks and fish, or do i have to wade? could you please provide directions, or a website? thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:27 PM

eaglesfn68 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Philly

were in philly are you exactly. In philadelphia there really isnt to much fishing. You could go to the Delaware river or the Schuylkill river. If you want to do stream, pond fishing you'll most likely have to drive a little outside the city.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

valley creek in valley forge state park..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 03-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I think Wissahickon park might be worthwhile. Near Philly but closer to Ambler, I think. (don't get me to lyin', too many damn little townships up there shoved in tight together.)

There's a creek running through a park in Horsham as well that always caught my eye. Looked like casting would be quite tough though.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM

MBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the roughMBWCC is a jewel in the rough

I believe the OPs trip date has passed, but the one thing to note is that most waters in PA are closed to all fishing this month. The exceptions are the few special regulation waters which are currently "catch & release" mode (i.e "delayed harvest artificial lures only", "fly fishing only catch & release", "artificial lures catch & release", etc.)
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough

thanks all for sending me the info, while there i was in broomall though, my dad took me to see a place where people had fished (he was gonna take me to a sportgood store and just buy a cheap spinning (i didn't bring my fly rod cause i couldn't find a place) rod if the place was any good), but when we got there it was closed off with fences and no trustpassing signs!

but thank you all for sending me information, i believe i'm going during the summer, and i'm gonna find somewhere to go for sure!