The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default smoke hole FF only area

new poster here although I signed up a year ago at some Colorado friends encouragement...I moved here from Colorado this last year( South Platte river area ,high country)...friends from there that post here directed me...great forum...but it is a bit bigger than the ones I am used to...

that said, I now live in the valley between New Market & Harrisonburg...went fishing a few time's this last fall near Petersburg @ smoke hole...beautiful spot...especially the C&R area...did fine...actually using flies from my Colorado vest...would appreciate any info ...

also after visiting the folks @ the shop in Harrisonburg( Mossy Creek) found out about some really nice spring creeks here too...

I am a dedicated C&R guy...and if there is a better area to post on the forum etc please let me know...thanks for any help...ted

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: smoke hole FF only area

Lots more fishing available around Smoke Hole for wild fish. Almost all of the tribs have brookies. Go on up the road a bit and fish Seneca and White's Run. How's that for some hot spotting?

www.304rodcompany.com
Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info Lee...that is a very beautiful area indeed...I am looking forward to fishing that area and also exploring the area you mentioned...it reminded me quite a bit of my waters in Co...like I said to a friend...just about 40+ million years older...LOL...

Click the image to open in full size.

caught my first West Virginia Brookies here on this run...beaded fez tail w/ a grey/brown baetis dropper...

also I looked at your homepage...very nice to know about you...I have been looking for a source of bamboo blanks to put a rod together for myself...I take it you also sell blanks too??

also some very nice pics of your handiwork...I would love to build a 4/5 weight for pitching some dry flies...I owned a bamboo rod many years ago...and wished I never let it go...do you also sell components etc??

all the best...ted

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 01-15-2011, 07:21 AM

304rodco has a spectacular aura about304rodco has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I do sell blanks, but usually ferruled unless the person who is putting the rod together knows how to mount and lap ferrules. I don't sell components but I can depending on what it was.

Dry Fork and Gandy are also very good.

www.304rodcompany.com