The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Mid-Atlantic Area

Mid-Atlantic Area Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about
Default Trout don't live in ugly places...

Thought I would post some scenery shots from a few of the places I was fortunate enough to visit this April. It's true that (for the most part) trout do not live in ugly places. All of these streams are located in VA.

A Southwest VA freestoner with a mixture of browns and rainbows, although I caught only browns on this trip:
Click the image to open in full size.

A couple different native brook trout streams in Shenandoah Nat'l Park:

A Central VA spring creek famous for it's fickle browns:

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default Re: Trout don't live in ugly places...

those streams in shenandoah are awesome! must have been a fun trip.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about

It's hard to beat the SNP as far as scenery goes.

Here's a sweet little pool from January of this year:

And another from late March:
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

wow....trout do not live in ugly places....nice pics
Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Great pics man thanks for shaering, if nature dosent move your soul, your dead lol
Bear
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

dshort,

Seeing your pictures brought back memories. Is that Mossy Creek? Is there a picture of the Rapidan above Wolftown in the bunch? The Spring looks familiar and so do the Shenandoah brook trout streams.

I used to live in Va. and fished as many of the streams as I could. Have you ever crossed the reservoir at Danville and went up the Dan River? That was my big expidition, if you can get there it's worth the trouble. Have you ever been down the Eastern Shore and if so have you stopped at the Turner art gallery? Yeah, I miss Virginia.................

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM

Ard, yeah that third set of pics is Mossy. That creek is my nemesis...I had a nice day on it the last time out so I'm kind of afraid to go back again for fear of returning to my skunky ways on that limestoner. But, who am I kidding, I'll be back soon.

There is a shot of the the Rapidan in there as well as one of it's little feeders high up on the mountain. I've been trying to explore some of the lesser known and smaller cricks in the SNP while they've got some water in them. I've got my eye on a little blue line that I'm thinking of trying this Saturday....hopefully the char will be cooperative.

I've never been to the Dan River. Seems like I would have tried it since I share the name...I'll have to give her a try soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

dshort: Beautiful photos, reminded me of when I lived in VA back in the 70's. Brought back some wonderful memories.

Larry
Old 05-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dan,

Once you've fished that Rapidan I swear ya can recognize it from others. I used to love that stream. Now there's one you have to be sneaky on. Try the 'Answer' on Mossy Creek right at dawn where you know the fish lie. It worked for me.

Great photos, I hope you keep them coming.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Short, we share a couple of things....Our name for one, the other, a love of beautiful places...Your pics show that...I haven't fished that way yet, but I think it will be happening in the near future. Thank God for beautiful places like that and a wife that enjoys traveling and fishing....Again great pics...

Dan