Video of the Muir Lake Project

ezamora

Reaction score
cool fisheries project. looking for constructive criticism on the video?

eric
fresno, ca.

doc

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words fyshstykr. The trout are finally breaking that 24" mark and this year we stocked triploids for the first time. Can't wait for those puppies to grow.

ezamora, thanks for PM'ing me those tips.

Cheers,
Doc

doc

Reaction score
Sartorius, I see you're close to Muir (it's not far for anyone in the Edmonton area but 15 mins is pretty awesome). The nice folks at You Tube took the audio off so here's that video from my site.

Muir Lake Project

Cheers,
Doc

Last edited:

nearnuff

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of taking a tour of the Muir Lake project. It won a Recreational Fishing National Award and I was on the selection committee and it was good to see the work being done.
It was interesting to see what a simple plan with good people can do,. Keep up the good work.
The Walk of Fame was truly inspiring as well.

doc

Reaction score
Hey nearnuff, thanks for the support. It was a lot of work (especially running the power for the aerators underground). Tim did an awesome job as president of FESA and am glad he was able to accept the award on behalf of all the volunteers. The true reward however is spending a day on the lake catching lunker rainbows. I actually shot an episode of The New Fly Fisher tv show on Muir in September of '08, it should be airing soon. Did you ever get a chance to wet a line in Muir?

Cheers,
Doc

nearnuff

Reaction score
Doc, I borrowed a rod and fished off the dock for awhile. Met some flyfishermen who were coming in and they had a great morning. I took pics of the acquatic life and the flies that imitated them displays. As I said before I think, Well done!

lifesaflyin

Reaction score
doc, thank you for the work you put in. my first time fishing with a fly netted me a great memory of a 22' on a dry with a 5 weight, 10 feet from shore. that was a heck of a fight, that fish took and ran with it peeling off almost to the backing before i could get em turned around.:cool:

doc

Reaction score
lifesaflyin, glad you got to sample the results. Don't thank me though, it was definitely a team effort with some real dedicated volunteers and as I said in the last post, Tim Doscotch was a very persistent and organized president. Without him this project wouldn't have happened.

Cheers,
Doc