The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Mountain (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/mountain/)
-   -   Video of the Muir Lake Project (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/mountain/6458-video-muir-lake-project.html)

doc 11-08-2008 11:50 AM

Video of the Muir Lake Project

Just thought I'd share a video with you that I shot about a quality fishery we put together in Alberta.

The Muir Lake Project

Hope you enjoyed it.

fyshstykr 11-08-2008 01:19 PM

Re: Video of the Muir Lake Project

Great work Doc. All of your hard work and time is paying back dividends. :)

ezamora 11-08-2008 02:22 PM

cool fisheries project. looking for constructive criticism on the video?

eric
fresno, ca.

doc 11-08-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezamora (Post 38319)
cool fisheries project. looking for constructive criticism on the video?

eric
fresno, ca.

Well, I ain't no Stephen Spielberg and that was only the third video I've ever done so if you got some tips for me I'm all ears.:secret:

Cheers,
Doc

doc 11-13-2008 11:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words fyshstykr. The trout are finally breaking that 24" mark and this year we stocked triploids for the first time. Can't wait for those puppies to grow.

ezamora, thanks for PM'ing me those tips.

Cheers,
Doc

Sartorius 05-13-2009 03:24 PM

Boy, am I lucky to have this amazing fishery just 15 minutes away from my house!

doc 05-13-2009 04:28 PM

Sartorius, I see you're close to Muir (it's not far for anyone in the Edmonton area but 15 mins is pretty awesome). The nice folks at You Tube took the audio off so here's that video from my site.

Muir Lake Project

Cheers,
Doc

nearnuff 05-13-2009 07:56 PM

I had the pleasure of taking a tour of the Muir Lake project. It won a Recreational Fishing National Award and I was on the selection committee and it was good to see the work being done.
It was interesting to see what a simple plan with good people can do,. Keep up the good work.
The Walk of Fame was truly inspiring as well.

doc 05-14-2009 09:32 PM

Hey nearnuff, thanks for the support. It was a lot of work (especially running the power for the aerators underground). Tim did an awesome job as president of FESA and am glad he was able to accept the award on behalf of all the volunteers. The true reward however is spending a day on the lake catching lunker rainbows. I actually shot an episode of The New Fly Fisher tv show on Muir in September of '08, it should be airing soon. Did you ever get a chance to wet a line in Muir?

Cheers,
Doc

nearnuff 05-15-2009 08:27 AM

Doc, I borrowed a rod and fished off the dock for awhile. Met some flyfishermen who were coming in and they had a great morning. I took pics of the acquatic life and the flies that imitated them displays. As I said before I think, Well done!