The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default allen trout reel

i'm thinking about an allen trout series reel for my new 3 weight and was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience or advice.

thanks guys and gals

ARFE
Old 02-19-2011, 01:53 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: allen trout reel

I LOVE mine. (a trout 5/7)
Old 02-19-2011, 03:44 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Nice reel for the money.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:34 PM

gtom61 is on a distinguished road

You won't be disappointed. I have a Trout 5/7 and several of his Alpha reels and i'm very pleased with all of them. And for the quality and warranty, hard to beat the price.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I also have a Trout 5/7 and love it. It's well made and looks great too.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:51 PM

jefwel is on a distinguished road

I recently bought the 5/7 alpha Reel, and I really like it. It's a great looking reel, and is silky smooth. I have had Orvis Battenkill LA reels and Galvan Reels, and this one is my new favorite. I'll definitely be buying more.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM

arkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i'm thinking about an allen trout series reel for my new 3 weight and was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience or advice.

thanks guys and gals
I ordered a trout 5/7 back in November for my trip to CO in February. It was a facebook special Justin was running.

I still haven't seen my reel, and I'm assuming I wont. He send me a partial refund of $50 of the $70 I paid. Not sure why it was only a partial but at this point I'm sick of arguing.

I hope you have better luck.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

Josh, yes, I did refund your money and it was a full refund. I figure it was a matter of time until you wanted to post something. I sent you a fair refund of the product you did not receive i.e. Trout reel. I over sold them by mistake on the FB special and took care of the matter by sending you a refund.

As what people do not know is our phone call convo of you asking questions that I was not wanting to discuss without you signing a non disclosure. I was willing to take you on as a rep, but I needed to go with my gut and turn away. This is what resulted in the refund.

I know you did not mean any harm, but I needed to go with my gutt.

Regards,

Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkman View Post
I ordered a trout 5/7 back in November for my trip to CO in February. It was a facebook special Justin was running.

I still haven't seen my reel, and I'm assuming I wont. He send me a partial refund of $50 of the $70 I paid. Not sure why it was only a partial but at this point I'm sick of arguing.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM

arkman is on a distinguished road

Justin,
I'd be more than happy to discuss the phone call and the information we talked about on this forum. It just wasn't an appropriate place to do so. If you'd like I could post a date by date account of the situation. I could post the several times I asked you about the reel being shipped and the times you told me it was.

In our phone call I asked you some questions about developing a product having nothing to do with fly fishing. I asked for your advise and even prefaced my questions by saying I had no expectations of getting and answer and just asked if you'd be willing to give me some advise. You did. I also apologized for coming across the wrong way. Don't try to turn this into me steeling information from your company. I asked some questions about product development and you declined to answer. I said okay, thanks anyways. That was that.

I'd like to know how a $50 of $70 refund is fair. I've still got the paypal invoice that says the amount paid as well as the refund given. You did send me some fly boxes and a line, but I didn't recall that being part of the order and since you told me on 2 different accounts that you didn't remember what the deal was, I don't know how you could count that as part of the order either. What good does a 6wt line do if I don't have a reel to put it on?

I gave you a chance to respond to me on the partial refund issue when I asked
"Josh --- February 9 at 1:30pm
Just so I'm clear should I expect the trout reel at the end of the month or did the $50 refund end this?"

Still no response. At this point you can keep the $20 because it doesn't matter to me.

I know there is a lot of folks out there that have had nothing but good experiences. They rave about your customer service. Which, in my eyes, was great...until I became someone you didn't like. Good customer service isn't about how good you treat your favorite customers. Good customer service is how your treat customer who are unhappy with something. Like promising more than once it was shipped or would ship then not doing it. Promising to issue a refund Feb 7th and actually doing it Feb 9th.

I have nothing to hide here Justin, obviously you feel you don't either. I ordered a reel back in November and I haven't received it. Don't act like I'm the bad guy here. I left all of the private stuff out of the forum post. All I said was:

Quote:

Nothing about that post was flase. I gave you a chance over private facebook message to explain the $50 out of $70 refund on February 9th. You never responded.

I did not tell the poster not to buy your product. He asked my first hand experience with the Trout reel. I gave it. If he would have asked my first hand experience with the Alpha reel, I would have had more to talk about. I have that reel and I like it. In fact I'v recommended it to people since this whole debacle.

Now that we've had sufficient thread hijacking, if you want to continue this start a new post. This one belongs to the OP. I'm done with the situation.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to beholdallenflyfishing is a splendid one to behold

no worris josh. Just wanted to post a reply. No hard feelings on my end. The transaction just did not work out.

btw.. Casey, give me a call if you can. The check showed up today ha. Talk to ya soon.