The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   News & articles for discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/)
-   -   Montana's "Wicked Witch' is 'dead' ... for the moment! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/117788-montanas-wicked-witch-dead-moment.html)

fredaevans 03-23-2011 07:24 AM

Montana's "Wicked Witch' is 'dead' ... for the moment!

Mitchell Slough: Anglers rejoice after Senate committee kills bill to curb access

But like all Wicked Witch's this kind of thing has the half life of Plutonium.

mcnerney 03-23-2011 08:30 AM

Re: Montana's "Wicked Witch' is 'dead' ... for the moment!

Fred: That certainly is good news, I was afraid Montana would fall victim to what happened in Utah last year. Yahoo!

Larry

fredaevans 03-23-2011 09:10 AM

Larry, if memory serves, add Wyoming to your list.

fae

Frank Whiton 03-23-2011 01:53 PM

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the quick update. Montana will have to be vigilant to make sure HB309, or something similar, doesn't come up again. Lets hope that Utah can reverse the restrictions they face now.

Frank

MTskibum 03-23-2011 03:35 PM

According to a different fishing forum that is geared towards the rocky mountain region, there is momentum in the montana senate to pull this bill off the table and bring it back to life.

mcnerney 03-23-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 229136)
Larry, if memory serves, add Wyoming to your list.

fae

Fred: There isn't a chance in h**l that will ever pass in Wyoming. The legislature is controlled by rich ranchers! Heck, I'd be happy if Colorado could pass a law in favor of wading below the high water mark! I live just north of the border and fish in CO quite a bit.

Larry

yatahey 03-23-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 229281)
I'd be happy if Colorado could pass a law in favor of wading below the high water mark! I live just north of the border and fish in CO quite a bit.

Larry

Me to Larry, trouble is too much money on the other side of that argument.

mcnerney 03-23-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yatahey (Post 229283)
Me to Larry, trouble is too much money on the other side of that argument.

Yat: I hear you on that, it is all about money! That is why I was quite surprised to hear that they tabled HB309 in Montana, there is a lot of big money movie stars and other celebraties moving from Calif into Montana, I expect they will make another attempt at restricting stream access.

Larry

mojo 03-23-2011 05:46 PM

Never say never. If they're half as devious as the Utah State Legislature, it'll be back in one form or another.

gadfly_nj 03-23-2011 05:52 PM

Sorry Huey Lewis, but life is full of disappointments...... first your music career, and now this.

Kudos to the MT legislature and kudos to MT anglers!