The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default New world record brown trout ratified

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: New world record brown trout ratified
Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New world record brown trout ratified

So what are your thoughts on this story? Apart from the incredible size of the fish and I can only imagine what a battle it must have been, the biologists state the fish was just 6 years old! What a diet it must have been on those few short years.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

Pretty incredible catch. I have been to that river and it is loaded with big fish.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

The Manistee was my old stompin' grounds. My fishing buddy had a cabin a few up from the CCC bridge but the big dawgs were lake run.
This makes me wonder if my friend Dale didn't have a record from this shot from back in the early '80's.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Editor

Thats a long lean fish Jackster - wonder how much more it would have been in prime condition? What was that one taken on - do you remember?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor View Post
Thats a long lean fish Jackster - wonder how much more it would have been in prime condition? What was that one taken on - do you remember?
Since we were steelheading at the time, probably eggs or black stoneflies. It's been a while but those were the standard flies.