The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 AM

tedwarren is on a distinguished road
Default New World Championship Bass on The Fly Fishing Tournament

Wanted everyone to know about this new bass tournament exclusively for fly fisherman May 8, 2010 on Lake Fork, Texas. (18# state record largemouth bass.) There will be casting contests and prize drawings so it should be a lot of fun. Complete info at Bass on The Fly Tournament.
One fellow said fly fishermen don't do tournaments. Do you think that is correct? I know I was a monitor at a trout fishing tournament in Colorado last Summer and the guys were pretty competitive.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: New World Championship Bass on The Fly Fishing Tournament

Fishing will always have a competative side weather its, walley, bass, catfish, or flyfishing, less so with alot of flyfishermen though.
I like the idea of a bass flyfishing tournament, since I fish bass tournaments(local ones) and love flyfishing
Bear

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Matter of fact I am going to talk with a friend and see if I can get that sat. off and try and fish this.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

The bass scene, for at least in Northern California, is the fastest growing segment of fly fishing. A lot of bass fishermen are taking up fly fishing to add another weapon to their arsenals or just to do something different. It's common to see a drift boat parked in front of the store, but now I'll see a bass boat parked there as well.

Do fly fishermen compete in tournaments? In Northern California, the Bass-n-Fly tournament is held on the San Joaquin part of the California Delta. Its sponsor list includes Simms, Farbank (Sage, Redington, Rio), TFO, Ross Reels, Scientific Anglers, Smith Optics, and other big name manufacturers. In its first two years, the tournament was limited to 20 boats. I heard that there may be up to 50 boats this year.

MP
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 AM

tedwarren is on a distinguished road

That sounds pretty exciting. Maybe the Texas event will get up and running this year and get some sponsors like that. I think the Texans believe they can beat the rest of the world in any type of bass fishing.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

website is Bass on The Fly Tournament