The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 02:43 PM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Utah set to halve river access

I just sent an e-mail to the governor.

Allen R
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone. Keep up the good work.

Alan, I think I've seen that license plate before in Island Park. Right?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
...Alan, I think I've seen that license plate before in Island Park. Right?
Yep, might have. Over there several times in 2009. Once, embarassing to admit this, I stopped along the Henry's (near confluence with Warm River) to fish only to discover that I had gone off and left my bag of reels on my garage bench . 'Course had to stop in at ML's place and buy a new one. My wife swears I do this on purpose.

Allen R
Old 03-28-2010, 11:43 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Thanks to all that are going to call or email. We need all your help in this fight. Some of the legislators were involved in researching Idaho's, Montana's and Wyoming's fishing rights laws, but I think these guys here have their own agendas- they don't care about the little people. We have no money to spare towards any election or re-election campaign. In politics- it seems the one with the dollars gets the favors/help . They are out of touch with the majority of the constituents but hopefully this November, things will be different. The more calls and emails that reach the guv's office that are AGAINST HB141 the better. Please we need your support on this one. The good thing is Governor Herbert is looking at the big picture. There's a lot of money coming in from tourism- fishing, biking, skiing. A lot of fisherpersons do all three. If the state is going to loose money it makes him look bad and hopefully he'll do the right thing and veto the bill.
BTW, here's another interesting article
Herbert has family ties with stream bill proponents - Salt Lake Tribune
The interesting thing in the article was Ault's comment on garbage along the river. Most of that river is next to a canyon 4 lane highway. I fish it quite a bit and if there's trash, it ain't coming from fly fishers or spin fishers (no bait allowed)- there are rental places that rent tubes and kayaks to float the river and we call it the bikini hatch during the summer months. It's quite an experience if you've never had to share a river with tubers floating down in front of you. Picture it now, here comes 3 tubers, two false casts, let it drift and pull it out while they float in front of you waving. Are we having fun yet?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Mojo, we have the same problem here in MI as far as the "Hatch" goes; here it's called the Aluminum Hatch. Too many of these floaters make it a point to get themselves wasted way more then they should. Their exhuberance and blood alcohol levels cause them to do things they would never do at home. They get the attitude that they paid to use the kayak,canoe, tube; so they can do what they want. Trash the banks? Who cares... This attitude is the reason for bills like this. It's just a shame that the offenders can't be singled out; but under todays legal climate we know that won't happen.

I'm calling today and sending an E-Mail to support your cause, I hope the outcome is favorable for you.

Dan
Old 03-29-2010, 05:59 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
Mojo, we have the same problem here in MI as far as the "Hatch" goes; here it's called the Aluminum Hatch. Too many of these floaters make it a point to get themselves wasted way more then they should. Their exhuberance and blood alcohol levels cause them to do things they would never do at home. They get the attitude that they paid to use the kayak,canoe, tube; so they can do what they want. Trash the banks? Who cares... This attitude is the reason for bills like this. It's just a shame that the offenders can't be singled out; but under todays legal climate we know that won't happen.

I'm calling today and sending an E-Mail to support your cause, I hope the outcome is favorable for you.

Dan
Interesting. Out here the fish cops would give them DUI/DWI tickets.
Thanks for the support Dan.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM

If you want to hear a one sided infomercial by the politician that sponsored the bill here it is=
http://pandora.bonnint.net/audio/2010_03_30_doug2.mp3

This was on KSL radio today and interestingly enough, some landowners got to talk, while a friend of mine Dave S. get cut off.
FYI- listen to him explain how some ranchers contacted him about the courts suddenly letting the public on their land. No such ruling guys.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
If you want to hear a one sided infomercial by the politician that sponsored the bill here it is=
http://pandora.bonnint.net/audio/2010_03_30_doug2.mp3

This was on KSL radio today and interestingly enough, some landowners got to talk, while a friend of mine Dave S. get cut off.
FYI- listen to him explain how some ranchers contacted him about the courts suddenly letting the public on their land. No such ruling guys.
Mojo: This certainly is a sad state of affairs being conducted in Utah by big money land owners. I sure hope we get enough grass roots support from the public calling and emailing the governor and he does the right thing in the end and supports the public interest not the interest of a few rich land owners.

Larry
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

It was signed!!!! What next?!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Utah Supreme Court again.

I think the governor just shot himself in the foot as far as being re-elected.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/