The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 PM

TexUte Fly will become famous soon enoughTexUte Fly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skin Cancer Is On The Rise

my dad and grandpa both have had skin cancer, though it was treated wit ease i always wear a long sleeve shirt wen fishing, even when im back home and its 110 out. usually one of those columbia ones, they keep you pretty cool. though when hiking and doing physical work im always sure to put on some spf when i cant cover up.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:00 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: Skin Cancer Is On The Rise

Hi All.
Coincidentally I've just had some small Skin Cancers burnt out last week.
We all tend to go for the Baseball type caps which give no protection at all to the sides of the melon,so it's always a good idea as mentioned to put on some Sunscreen,however care has to be taken to keep it away from Fly Lines as it really can destroy them.
Even though in The Mountains where we are the temp gets into the 40s Degrees C every Summer.
Also it's not uncommon in the Australian Outback to reach 40-50 Degrees C,& higher (about 104-122 + Degrees F) where we spend a little time as friends have Sheep & Cattle Properties.
We have a high rate also of Skin Cancer thankfully there's heaps of continual warnings & it's even compulsorary for all the School Children to all wear hats.
So the bottom line is if you go out in the Sun wear a Good Hat Clothes which cover & protect from being burnt as well as what we say Slip Slop Slap,which is the slogan The Australian Skin Cancer Foundation uses.
Brian.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 05-18-2011 at 04:12 AM.