The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default No More Broken Fly Rods with Fly Rod Saver

I think I'll be ordering myself a couple of these - brilliantly simple idea! : No More Broken Fly Rods with Fly Rod Saver
Old 12-07-2011, 03:15 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No More Broken Fly Rods with Fly Rod Saver

Good idea, but maybe it should say "Less chance of" rather than "No more". Of the four rods I've broken, this device would have saved none. milt.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

Again I have to sign out to read content posted by the editor, i know I am not the only one. Strange bug but okay.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

My Canadian friend accidentally got one caught up in his feet this fall and broke it. This would have saved it. What a great idea. When we fish the river a lot of the time we have more than one rod apiece with usI usually lay mine across a couple of logs washed up on the beach. I don't like them on the rocks but have thought about how one accidental misstep could bend the rod to the failure point between the logs. I must have some.

Thanks for posting this.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
Again I have to sign out to read content posted by the editor, i know I am not the only one. Strange bug but okay.
I have not had that problem. Odd one. Maybe it's a bug in your antivirus? Really odd problem. Leaves me scratching my head. Maybe we have a computor geek on here that can help.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

It's a well made item same concept to what been used for years made from Electrical Conduit,Aluminium,Stainless Steel Tubing etc, to hold Rods whilst Bait Fishing from banks.
Undoubtably it will do the job,save your rod however the only thing I have about using them when Flyfishing is it's something else to carry & leave behind.
Brian.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM

canonman is on a distinguished road

Good idea but can't save the fact that most of my rod breaks have been from my own stupidity

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

But it may make you remember to pay attention more
Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

This product was also 'touted' on the UK 'Mother Board' a short time back. General consensus was 'interesting idea, but did you see what they're charging for one of these things!??'

Don't remember the number, but it was outrageous for something that might cost a buck to manufacture.

fae
Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 PM

aldnz is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
thank you for the comments on my product.
I was a little taken aback by the comment on the price of the item and would be grateful if anyone could comment further. It's always difficult setting a price, so I looked at fly fishing gear in general and asked a number of fishing friends/customers and $19 seemed 'fair'. I appreciate Fredaevans thinks it excessive, commenting might cost a buck to manufacture. Just so you know, we are not a big company, just a family who love fly fishing. The mould cost many thousands of dollars and it will be a number of years before I get my money back. Having said that if the price is too high, please suggest a new price.
Many thanks to all.

Al
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

nope....not carrying something like that around. Already have too much stuff that I actually need to haul in my vest. Like others, I've busted a rod or 2, but this wouldn't have saved any of them.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I truly think that a basic measure of fly fishing experience is when you can understand the difference between a "gadget" and a useful product.