The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20 year moratorium....

against the mining of Uranium in The Grand Canyon area.
Salazar imposes ban on uranium mining near Grand Canyon | Deseret News

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 year moratorium....

Well that's just great...How will I buy a watch with glow in the dark numbers now!!!

Dave
Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

That is good news.

How out of touch is your Rep, there?

"It is unconscionable that the administration has once again caved to political pressure from radical special interest groups rather than standing up for the American people," Bishop said. "While I am disappointed that the administration has again allowed politics to usurp sound science, I am not surprised."

It's the Grand Freakin Canyon. The irony from these bafoons always kills me, too. How many millions of Americans visit the area every year for the spectacular natural beauty? How many 10s of millions of dollars do they spend? O, I guess they aren't "real" Americans...I almost forgot there was such a thing.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Mums the word from me on Rep Bishop, let's just say there isn't much I agree with him on. Nuff said.

It's only a 20 year moratorium, but it's a start.

Your quote "It's the Grand Freakin Canyon." pretty much sums it up for me. We only get one of them beauties!

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Well that's just great...How will I buy a watch with glow in the dark numbers now!!!

Dave

Ummm.....digital?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

C'mon now folks... let's not be too hard on the esteemed Mr. Bishop. He IS looking out for the 27 million dollars the state could lose from not screwing up one of OUR most wonderful National Parks.

wait... this just in... the tourist trade in Arizona brings in 82,000 jobs and an estimated 350 Million dollars. Can we get a thread here on fuzzy math?
I reckon the outdoor industry in Arizona should pitch in a bit more to buy Mr. Bishop's love.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Birds eye view of "The Grand" and 4 uranium mine operations that are located literally on the edge of the canyon itself.
A bird?s eye view of uranium mining near the Grand Canyon

Like I mentioned earlier it's only a 20 year moratorium, you can bet your bottom dollar that foreign mining interest won't be sitting around waiting for it to expire.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just more of the same old No Oil, No Gas, No Coal, No Mining BS. But it's OK to get the stuff from overseas. Blah blah blah. Then ***** about outsourcing.
I looked at the video, Al Gore has yards bigger than those mines.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

So why is it American companies don't have enough brass to run mining business?
So far, every single mining problem area I see involves foreign-owned companies wanting to make a mess and a quick buck on our soil.
Maybe, if American business wasn't based on pushing paper and actually made things of value, like metals out of ore, you could get more people on your 'press on regardless' side of things.
The value of the national treasures these vultures want to destroy goes a bit beyond mere profit taking for some of us. Think of clean water and air as just another perk for living in the U.S.A. instead of places like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's because of who they let have the permits. Kind of like stopping oil here but giving our money to help oil in Brasil, (to a company who is partly owned by a big political funder) and give a speech on TV saying "we want to be your best customer". Or blocking a pipe line that creats jobs so they sell the oil to China. How is that in our national interests? Gee, it's almost like they were trying to globaly redistribute wealth. I don't know, it's a mystery.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
wait... this just in... the tourist trade in Arizona brings in 82,000 jobs and an estimated 350 Million dollars. Can we get a thread here on fuzzy math?
I reckon the outdoor industry in Arizona should pitch in a bit more to buy Mr. Bishop's love.
Darn radical special interest groups ALWAYS putting politics ahead of good old fashioned capitialism! Because the mining lobbyists aren't special interests, they want the best for everyone!

If it wasn't so serious it would be hysterical.