The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   News & articles for discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/)
-   -   How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/282995-how-get-world-s-most-expensive-fishing-book-free.html)

Editor 05-30-2012 08:40 AM

How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free

New article posted on theflyfishingforum.com: How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free

s fontinalis 05-30-2012 09:16 AM

Re: How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free

Nice link, but this book has been free for a long time, and in multiple fomats including PDF from archive.org, along with many of the other classics by Kelson, Pryce-Tannatt, Maxwell, Francis, Hardy, Knox among others. All are copyright free as the copyrights have expired.

Hardyreels 05-30-2012 12:38 PM

Thank you for that Paul,

While what Eunan has pointed out may be true I for one was not aware of these historic editions being available to me via a click of the mouse. I have already saved the link to my browser favorits. Your continued support of our forum here through such informative postings does not go unnoticed here in Alaska :shades:

Bravo,

Ard

s fontinalis 05-30-2012 12:46 PM

Let me rephrase what i said.

Thanks for the link.
If anyone is interested in other classics, they are available at archive.org. Just search the name of the book you are interested in

Kerry Pitt 06-05-2012 11:02 AM

I echo Ard's sentiments. It is great to have this pointed out and I also appreciate the information from s fontinalis.

Pocono 06-06-2012 05:21 AM

Very nice!

I've known about the links to the other classic books that have been mentioned and posted some of them when we did the Salmon Fly Tie-Along back in 2010.

Interesting that this book should come from the library of "Alan Jarvis"; particularly when I am "Allan Jarvis"!

Pocono

littledavid123 06-07-2012 08:54 AM

THANK YOU SIR

A wonderful site, both my daughter (14) and I will be spending time there reading books.

Dave

JoJer 06-08-2012 12:04 PM

Small world: When I went to the link to save it for later, I saw the Gutenberg name and realized I already have the link saved from researching duck hunting info.