The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Editor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free

New article posted on theflyfishingforum.com: How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free
darwin likes this.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: How To Get The World's Most Expensive Fishing Book for Free

Nice link, but this book has been free for a long time, and in multiple fomats including PDF from archive.org, along with many of the other classics by Kelson, Pryce-Tannatt, Maxwell, Francis, Hardy, Knox among others. All are copyright free as the copyrights have expired.

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 05-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thank you for that Paul,

While what Eunan has pointed out may be true I for one was not aware of these historic editions being available to me via a click of the mouse. I have already saved the link to my browser favorits. Your continued support of our forum here through such informative postings does not go unnoticed here in Alaska

Bravo,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Let me rephrase what i said.

Thanks for the link.
If anyone is interested in other classics, they are available at archive.org. Just search the name of the book you are interested in

Addicted To Vise
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I echo Ard's sentiments. It is great to have this pointed out and I also appreciate the information from s fontinalis.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice!

I've known about the links to the other classic books that have been mentioned and posted some of them when we did the Salmon Fly Tie-Along back in 2010.

Interesting that this book should come from the library of "Alan Jarvis"; particularly when I am "Allan Jarvis"!

Pocono
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU SIR

A wonderful site, both my daughter (14) and I will be spending time there reading books.

Dave
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Small world: When I went to the link to save it for later, I saw the Gutenberg name and realized I already have the link saved from researching duck hunting info.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey