The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fishingfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Simm's sneak preview for 2013

From Simms:
Attendees at this week’s International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST) show in Orlando, Fla., will get to see first-hand as Simms pulls back the curtain to reveal the 2013 product line.

How’s this for starters? The world’s most technologically advanced GORE-TEX® waders. A bomber rain suit designed for all fishing conditions. A light, breathable rain jacket that’s as fashionable as it is functional. An expanded line of sun protective sportswear. New offerings in women-specific fishing clothes, and new vests, caps and accessories.

“What we’re showing to retailers and media at ICAST represents breadth and depth, innovation and forward-thinking for all types of anglers,” said Simms president K.C. Walsh.

High atop anglers’ wish list will be Simms new G4Z and G4 Pro waders featuring a new 5-layer GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane that’s 25 percent more breathable than anything on the market. As the only manufacturer making GORE-TEX® waders in the U.S.A., Simms has been able to award-winning, craft feature-rich waders that hold up to the rigors of the most demanding users. The G4Z, with a retail price of $799.95 represent the standard for which all other waders will be measured.

Also turning heads is Simms’ new Contender GORE-TEX® jacket and bibs. Close descendants of the award-wining ProDry® GORE-TEX® rain suit that was perfected (and now used extensively) on professional angling circuits, the 3-layer GORE-TEX® Performance Shell Contender products are 100% waterproof, windproof, lightweight, durable and breathable. Designed to provide long-lasting performance in a wide range of conditions, the Contender jacket has a MSRP of $349.95 and the bibs come in at $299.95.
In three stylish colors, the new Hyalite Rain Shell ($149.95) is destined to become a favorite. Weighing less than 14 ounces, the Hyalite is the perfect jacket for storing in a backpack, under the bow or even under the seat of the truck and will deliver on keeping anglers dry when the time comes.

Building upon its relationship with the Skin Cancer Foundation, Simms is debuting a number of new sportswear items with a UPF rating of 30 or higher. The new Guide Pant, for instance, has a UPF 50 rating and the eye-catching Morada shirts ($59.95 long sleeve and $49.95 short sleeve) check in with a UPF 30.

Simms’ women’s line updates its sun protection offerings in 2013, too, with new shirts and pants featuring UPF 50 ratings.

“What we have created,” said Diane Bristol, Simms’ Director of Marketing, “is a strong line of clothing designed to perform for male and female anglers in virtually every type of angling situation.”

Also new for 2013 are new vests for fly anglers, new colors in Sungaiters™, several new caps and new accessories including a tarpon bottle opener and wading belt.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:32 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Simm's sneak preview for 2013

Thanks for the summary, my boss is headed to that show tomorrow. It will be nice to know what he is talking about. Do you know the differences between the old and new shirts? I really like the design of the old shirt and the COR material, do you know the difference? Also, Im still amazed at thier old waders, I can't imagine a 5 layer goretex better than the previous model. Where are you Orvis?

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

I don't know the differences I'm afraid - just passing on the news piece for now. I hope I might get out to the International Fly Tackle Dealer show in Reno next month so will find out more then I expect.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough

Oh ok, that is fine. I'm due for a show and tell day.
Editor likes this.

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!