The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

View Poll Results: Would you buy forum apparel?
T shirt 4 8.33%
Hoodie 4 8.33%
Cap/beanie or both 8 16.67%
All of the above 8 16.67%
All of the above only if the price was reasonable 17 35.42%
Not interested in apparel 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma
Default Re: Forum Apparel

Waiting for my hat here. Christmas is coming
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

A nice ball cap. Yes.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Always with an opinion....

- waxed cotton ball cap
- neck buff
- patch (nice to add to anything)
- sticker (okay not apparel, but it goes anywhere)
fredaevans likes this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think a fly fishing shirt, perhaps a Columbia, good quality but not overly expensive.

Dave
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I would think a fly fishing shirt, perhaps a Columbia, good quality but not overly expensive.

Dave
Though I do have a couple Columbia "PFG" shirts (only because they were either at the second hand store or deeply discounted) my favorite fishing shirts take a long time to develop. After one of my everyday shirts gets so old it is either unacceptable for work or the elbows are thread bare (usually happens simultaneously), I cut off the sleeves above the elbow and a "new" fishing shirt is born. Then it moves to the closet in my basement room with the rest of my favorite stuff!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with this poll is it only allows one choice. A hat or a T-Shirt are things I would consider, but are listed as two seperate choices. I hate hoodies and beenies so my choices are not a choice as offered in the poll. Thing is, I make most of my own "Art" T-Shirts and have a lady with a really good embroidery machine that makes me hats. Like my Rainy River Spey Club shirt. I am the only guy with a spey rod for several hundred miles in any direction. It's my own inside joke.

Anyone can make them. Take a piece of freezer paper and do your pattern, shiney side down. If it has more than one color, do a complete original pattern and trace for the other colors. Cut out the letters or what ever with an E-Xacto knife. Save all the centers of things like o's, A's, p's etc. and set them to the side where you won't loose them. You can do more than one color over previous colors so there is no limit to what you can do this way. Put the piece of freezer paper you want for the base color or in the event it's the only color where you want it on the shirt, and iron it down. Then if you have any centers of things like letters, iron them in place.

Take a sponge brush and clothing paint (I like tulip and you can get it all over) and dab the pattern like a stencil. It may take more than one coat. Once the paint is dry, peel the paper off. If you do it before the paint is completely set, any 'bleeding' can usually be fixed by pushing the paint into place with the back side of the X-Acto knife you used to cut the pattern. If you do other colors, iron the next pattern right over the top of what youy did before but DON'T BURN THE PAINT. Just do what you did before. If there is any bleeding into the previous paint and you miss pushing it into place you can fix it with a tooth pick as a paint brush and the fix color.

You can make pretty funny shirts or stuff you are serious about without the massive cost of a screen printer. I do it all the time.

My shirt I wear underneath everything when I Fall Fish. Long sleeve T-Shirt, and what I see as a fairly funny inside joke. Inside because ....... Get it?
Click the image to open in full size.