The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent request from AFFTA - The Sportsmen's Act of 2012

If someody leaves you plane it doesn't make you a pilot. In case you missed it, I didn't like either one.
brucerducer likes this.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Urgent request from AFFTA - The Sportsmen's Act of 2012

No but you learn how to fly it and become a pilot.
bradyb likes this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I don't say this with malice, but perhaps it's best if the editor refrained from american politics.

Dave
Dave, you can email your senator no matter which side of the issue you take.
With so many Americans on this board and so many people coming from all over the world to fish this wonderland we live in I feel the editor used excellant judgement in posting that notice here on a widely read sportmans board.

Gotta run and email my senator.
Hardyreels, fysh and dean_mt like this.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link showing the proposed legislation.
Full Text of H.R. 4089: Sportsmen

If interested, please read it, make an informed decision, and then call your state representative to voice your opinion.

Going back and forth here doesn't change anyone's mind.
Editor likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Dan please visit this site. Biography | Jon Tester | U.S. Senator for Montana

Its the official government page for the senate about Jon tester. If you look in the fourth to last paragraph it says he still farms with his wife and a few paragraphs later it tells what they farm. I hope this ends this childish argument about whether my senator farms or not.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
I don't say this with malice, but perhaps it's best if the editor refrained from american politics.

Dave
With respect Dave, he simply raised an issue pertinent to the angling community. The rest of us brought our politics into it.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I shouldn't point fingers. Minnesota gave us Al Franken and Jesse Ventura.
You forgot to mention Rep. Bachmann.

I'd like to see those three in a cage match. I bet Bachmann would win!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Dave, you can email your senator no matter which side of the issue you take.
With so many Americans on this board and so many people coming from all over the world to fish this wonderland we live in I feel the editor used excellant judgement in posting that notice here on a widely read sportmans board.

Gotta run and email my senator.
I have given my opinion without any personal attacks, and I will endeavor to keep it that way.

A person owns property that is unfortunately of interest to citizens and foreign visitors for purely indulgent reasons, to catch a fish or shoot some wild game. Perhaps the people would best be served by allowing the public land that everyone is so keen on seeing, go to auction, giving the public a fair value for the property, and ensuring that everyone had opportunity to purchase. I don't understand why the private property owner must be forced to give up his personal belongings to suit the indulgence of another. If the government offers a price the landowner is willing to accept then GREAT, but if turned down, well, there is always the next owner. BUT WE DON'T TAKE HIS PROPERTY...

What legacy are we passing on to our children when they learn from our examples that property has no value, that hard work and its rewards mean nothing. If the government doesn't protect our property from the mobs what incentive does anyone have to excel.

Getting off my soap box now!

Dave

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

With respect Dave, he simply raised an issue pertinent to the angling community. The rest of us brought our politics into it.

With mutual respect Dean Is it any of our business how the English choose to rule on their fishing laws?

Dave
Old 11-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

No offence taken Dave. Politics do not interest me at all you'll be glad (or sad) to know.

What I will continue doing though is to pass on news and requests like this from those bodies who seek to represent US anglers so you can choose whether to support their requests or not as you see fit.

With that in mind here is the latest follow up from KeepAmericaFishing.org about the Sportsmen's Act which still needs support...

The Historic Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 is still alive!

Urge your readers to contact their U.S. Senators to vote YES for this important bill.

The Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 may yet again come up for vote in the U.S. Senate as members are working hard to craft a solution to the procedural problem that stopped the bill from passing the Senate. A diverse coalition of angling, hunting and conservation organizations is working hard to support this effort and eventual passage, but time is running out.

Please make your readers aware of the need to continue sending messages to their Senate members.

On November 26, in a surprise upset, the U.S. Senate failed to advance the Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 (S. 3525). After months of discussion with Senate members by a large and diverse coalition of angling, hunting and conservation organizations who worked to create a historic bill containing 17 key provisions for anglers, hunters and fish and wildlife conservation; the bill failed to pass over a party line vote on a procedural motion.

You and your readers can still make an impact and KeepAmericaFishing™ provides an easy way to send an effective message to Senate members. We need everyone’s support to help pass this essential piece of legislation.
Please post this link on your website, your blog, your Facebook page and Twitter account and email it far and wide to friends, family and colleagues.
This link www.KeepAmericaFishing.org/sportsmensact, takes you to a Take Action Now page.

Please help us convince the Senate to bring this bill back to the floor and vote YES for fish and wildlife conservation!
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM

overmywaders will become famous soon enough

Dave,

Would you give me the number of the Senate amendment to the bill that introduces seizure of private land.

Thanks.

http://overmywaders.com
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM

45fisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
No but you learn how to fly it and become a pilot.
Me.
I would sell it....have you seen the price of jet fuel lately.
Can't afford the time nor the pilots license, nor the fuel or space to park it. etc. etc.
Use the money to go fishing.

As for those in congress....term limits! term limits!
It was meant to be a service never a career.

Larry