The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   News & articles for discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/)
-   -   Mmmm, Trout Bugers ! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/news-articles-discussion/303171-mmmm-trout-bugers.html)

Rip Tide 11-23-2012 07:32 AM

Mmmm, Trout Bugers !

http://www.moldychum.com/storage/Tro...=1353553104451

Clear Springs, the world's largest producer of sustainable Rainbow Trout, has introduced an on-trend opportunity – Rainbow Trout Burgers.

Made with 100 percent real Idaho Rainbow Trout, these burgers are packed with protein, gluten free and rich in Omega 3s for a heart-healthy alternative.

Rainbow Trout Burgers are perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of flavour, these burgers pair well with a variety of toppings, sauces and sides.
Clear Springs Trout Burgers

Clear Springs Foods offers a wide variety of Fresh and Frozen Rainbow Trout Styles for the Foodservice and Retail Markets — from the traditional dressed style to the only Guaranteed Boneless Rainbow Trout: Clear Cuts, Butterfly and Natural Fillets.

Clear Springs also offers a unique line of Specialty Products including Glazed & Crusted Fillets, Breaded Portions and Bakeable Products.

Moreover, Clear Springs products have gained recognition on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch List: Rainbow Trout is in the “Super Green” category for sustainable and environmentally friendly products, while Mahi Mahi is listed as a “Good Choice”.

All Clear Springs products are distributed throughout the United States and Canada.

Premium rainbow trout from the world's most pristine waters

http://fis.com/fis/techno/photolib/4...0_72_DPI_0.jpg

About Clear Springs Foods

Clear Springs Foods makes its home on the scenic Snake River Canyon of southern Idaho's Magic Valley where its Rainbow Trout are farm-raised in concrete raceways fed by an abundance of crystal clear spring water.

Ideal growing conditions, combined with a commitment to quality and innovation, have made Clear Springs the world's largest producer of Rainbow Trout, processing over 20 million pounds a year.

In addition, Clear Springs has partnered with farms in Chile in which trout is raised following the exact same high standards as its farms in Idaho.

wt bash 11-23-2012 07:39 AM

Re: Mmmm, Trout Bugers !

I gotta laugh cause when I was around 10 or 12 I used to make opening day at Navasink Pond like it was religion. Every year till I was 17 or so there was a guy there named Rodney, he had tourettes and everytime his bobber went down he would shout "trout burger" and make some weird sound. I saw the title and immediately thought oh him.

mcnerney 11-23-2012 08:10 AM

Interesting concept, I'll have to look for them in the grocery store, to see what else they are putting in the trout burgers. On first glimpse it looks like a healthy way to eat a burger.

Larry

noreaster 11-23-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wt bash (Post 500817)
I gotta laugh cause when I was around 10 or 12 I used to make opening day at Navasink Pond like it was religion. Every year till I was 17 or so there was a guy there named Rodney, he had tourettes and everytime his bobber went down he would shout "trout burger" and make some weird sound. I saw the title and immediately thought oh him.

Thanks for the chuckle. Sounds funny. Reminds me of the bartender in Boondock saints. I would post the link but not very family friendly. Sooo funny though.:D

jpbfly 11-23-2012 10:29 AM

Funny burgers:)Shall we find some at the "MC Fisher's"?:D.Anyway they should be better than the ones with mad cow:D...thanks for sharing Rip;)

wt bash 11-23-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noreaster (Post 500823)
Reminds me of the bartender in Boondock saints.

Best scene is when he picks them up from the hospital with the Nuns in the background!

plecain 11-26-2012 10:47 AM

Never done a trout burger. I'll have to try that.

I've done salmon burgers. Those were pretty good.

thorsten 11-26-2012 03:28 PM

They look good - and I think they are better for my Cholesterol ;)

sweetandsalt 11-28-2012 03:58 PM

I sometimes fish that part of Idaho and it is true, springs burst forth everywhere filtered through the volcanic porosity of southern Idaho. The Feds have a big hatchery there too. I'll grill my burgers form replenishable cows, however.

dillon 11-28-2012 09:03 PM

Trout Bugers?? Ick! I'm with SweetandSalt, a hamburger and fries for me...