The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Of & game 'gaff' vis a vis the fly only water on the north umpqua!

Several States require you purchase a Steelhead/Salmon "punch card" to fish/retain same. Anyway, picked up my 2013's today (my first go getting one at the Very Seasoned Citizen rate) and with the punch card you're handed out a 'How to fill out same.'

Good idea and you have to do same ASAP if you retain a fish. Reading the back of this and did a DEAR GOD! SAY IT ISN'T SOOOOO! The example stream was the fly only section of the North Umpqua. And the info (a major gaff) said you could retain a 'Native Fish!!'

Immediately pull up the Reg's on line and two references to "NO YOU CAN'T!" I know they have to print the game regs months before distribution so check Region Update .... Nope (thank God!)

ASAP to Salem talking to 'Nice Lady' at OF&G and described what I was reading, what I'd read, and is there something I don't know about ..... ?

"Can you hold a second while I get one?"

'Sure,' and she's back on the phone a minute later ... 'Let me read through this .....'

Last words I expected to hear: "Oh Shxt, that's WRONG."

Guy who does the fish checks on the NU is not noted for his sense of humor; can you imagine how this would go in Court?
Guest1 likes this.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of & game 'gaff' vis a vis the fly only water on the north umpqua!

Major mistake, I can only imagine what was going on in the office when they had that pointed out.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo Yes Larry. Tomorrow in the 'Office' could be "interesting." Thousands of these printed/being handed out.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:36 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

What a mess! that's a major major "OOPS"!
How do you think they are going to do to prevent wild steelhead from being harvested?
I wonder how many licenses they've already sold.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Thousands Carl, thousands.

How many of those folks will fish the NU fly only waters and screw up? Several possible (as I see it) 'options.' The simplest is a on line Regulation update admitting a printing error. Oregon F and G change the ongoing Reg's over the course of a year and it's your 'problem' to "keep up."

A 'I didn't know' will never hold up in Court.

fae
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
(my first go getting one at the Very Seasoned Citizen rate)
Welcome to the club.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

This could be a really interesting couple of days at the enforcement office as well.