The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Noted Fly Angler, Guide, Instructor April Vokey Now on Board With G.Loomis

Source: G Loomis

She says she was born with an unexplainable passion for fishing. A sought-after steelhead, salmon and trout guide, noted British Columbia fly angler April Vokey is now on board with G.Loomis, helping the rod manufacturer showcase its fly rods in both Canada and the U.S.

“We look forward to helping April in her efforts in encouraging and introducing new fly anglers to our sport, and for the help she’ll provide us at fly shows and spey claves,” said Bob Mahoney with G.Loomis. “Her involvement with G.Loomis further strengthens our commitment to fly fishing and the fly fishing industry.”

Vokey started fishing on a weekly basis in her early teens. Primarily self-taught, she set out on a mission to learn all she could in a short period of time and today is just as talented handling a five-weight for trout as she is a big two-handed RoaringRiver spey rod. A Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructor, Vokey runs Fly Gal Ventures (www.flygal.ca), guiding and instructing anglers on some of British Columbia’s best steelhead rivers. Her fishing talents have been covered in publications and on web sites around the world, plus she gives seminars to fly clubs throughout Canada and the U.S.

“I am proud to be an addition to the G.Loomis team,” said Vokey. “My first spey rod was a G.Loomis and I’ve been a loyal customer since – that was almost ten years ago. I’m just eager to continue to further my familiarity with the rest of the G.Loomis line. I recently got my hands on several of the newly launched NRX and PRO4x rods and am ecstatic by their performance. As a company and as a team, G.Loomis stands for innovation, reliability and top performance – these are my kind of people.”

April Vokey contact info: 888/359-4259 — info@flygal.cawww.flygal.ca

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Congratulations to April and to G.Loomis.
imxer and rubberguy like this.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Noted Fly Angler, Guide, Instructor April Vokey Now on Board With G.Loomis

Nice and I'd marry her haha that is something I don't say often about women
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice
Default Re: Noted Fly Angler, Guide, Instructor April Vokey Now on Board With G.Loomis

April Vokey for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMTM7iD3vHE

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM

klunker will become famous soon enough

It's a smart move on her part. She is in a sport dominated by mature white males. Any competent young personable and attractive woman is going to draw attention. How does one then "cash in" on this with a minimum effort on her part?
Kudos to her.
This, while not being perfectly analogous, reminds me of Danica Patrick.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Paul....think it's unwise to give such a charming lady's phone number here....just kidding
Great flyfisherwoman
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee!! I finally got April Vokeys phone number!!
imxer, jpbfly and littledavid123 like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Yippee!! I finally got April Vokeys phone number!!
Paul...told you it wasn't wise!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

:d:d:d:d:d

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Hearty congrats to April!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunker View Post
It's a smart move on her part. .
It's a smarter move on G Loomis' part. She is writting, guiding, doing TV shows, and everything else you can think of, so pretty sure she was going to do OK without them. Loomis on the other hand has gone through what can best be described as a decade of business psycosis. Back when I was making a lot rods I stopped making them on Loomis blanks just because of it, and they have gotten worse. In fact they no longer sell blanks, which is OK because what they did to them made them unwantable anyway. I'm not sure who they had doing their business strategy after Gary Loomis sold out to Shimano, but whoever it was really wasn't doing the company much good. Actually, they started going weird before he sold it. As I see it, other than some extra cash in April's pockets, I think G Loomis stands more to gain from her than the other way around. This is the first thing they have done in a decade I thought was actually a good thing.