The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 06:09 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Mega Retailer Grows Again: Fishwest, Inc. to merge with Grizzly Hackle Holdings, LLC

Representatives from Grizzly Hackle Holdings, LLC (GHH) and Fishwest, Inc. (FWI) announced this week that the two companies merged on May, 17.

Grizzly Hackle Holdings, LLC is expanding its brick and mortar retail sales footprint, with locations in Fullerton, CA (Bob Marriott’s Flyfishing Store), Sacramento, CA (Kiene’s Fly Shop) and Missoula, MT (Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop). Fishwest, Inc is a leader in global e-commerce and marketing fly fishing products on an international scale.

President and Founder of Fishwest, Inc., Dustin Carlson will remain fully engaged in all aspects of the merged operation, and he is assuming the role of Director of Operations with Grizzly Hackle Holdings, LLC.

Grizzly Hackle Holdings owns and operates an expanding network of world-class fly shops, presently serving greater-Los Angeles, central-California, and western-Montana. The network shops provide both experienced and novice anglers alike with extensive product inventories, expert advice, educational programs, local guiding, and global travel services. Steve Jensen, Managing Director of Grizzly Hackle Holdings, said “our brick and mortar shops are dedicated to providing customers with an unsurpassed range of products and detailed practical advice in a “hands-on” retail buying experience. We are incredibly blessed to bring Dustin and his Fishwest team into our organization. In addition to adding another great store front to our pod of shops, Fishwest will expand our network globally with its ecommerce operations and make us more efficient through its warehousing, customer service and shipping activities. There is an old saying that 1+1 doesn’t always equal 2, sometimes it equals 11. I believe that this is one of those situations.”

Founded in 1999, Fishwest, Inc. has grown to be a leader in multi-channel e-commerce sales. In addition to a brick and mortar retail location, Fishwest operates a warehousing facility for online order fulfillment. Fishwest has a dedicated full time staff for its ecommerce operations that include customer service, social media and marketing, web development and shipping/receiving personnel.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mega Retailer Grows Again: Fishwest, Inc. to merge with Grizzly Hackle Holdings,

It is my understanding that they also acquired a Fly Fishing Shop in Salt Lake City, UT which, I was told, was the #1 seller of Simms products in the U.S.

Bob Marriott's has been a favorite destination for me through the years. It's inventory has been in decline for the past several years. I hope this will restore the shop to it's former glory days. Time will tell...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mega Retailer Grows Again: Fishwest, Inc. to merge with Grizzly Hackle Holdings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
It is my understanding that they also acquired a Fly Fishing Shop in Salt Lake City, UT which, I was told, was the #1 seller of Simms products in the U.S.

Bob Marriott's has been a favorite destination for me through the years. It's inventory has been in decline for the past several years. I hope this will restore the shop to it's former glory days. Time will tell...

PT/TB
And Kiene's in Sac has been a strong, well run, relatively large shop for many years. The owner wanted to semi-retire, but has remained active in the shop and forum to this point...

Maybe this "chain" will ensure that we have a few true fly shops around for a while??