The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Sage Announces New Fly Fishing Collection

Source: FishandFly.com

Click the image to open in full size.

Known as a leader in the field of fly fishing gear development, the annual announcement of next seasons new collection from Sage is eagerly awaited to see what the guys and girls up on Bainbridge Island have been working away on for the past months and often much longer.

There are new rods and reels including a radical new design for Sage - check them out and see what you think!?

Click here to continue reading...
codym likes this.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:42 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sage Announces New Fly Fishing Collection

Just what the industry needed. Another high priced "Rocket Launcher" and a "Butt Ugly" minimalistic reel. Maybe I'm just getting old. What happened to Sloooooow!
fredaevans likes this.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:55 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Nothing there that interests me, and I'm a "Sage Guy."
fredaevans and jaybo41 like this.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:34 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

two yrs in a row with nothing of interest to me except a Circa (if I can get it for 65% off)
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

The motive looks intriguing at that price point...
Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

What colour are they painting these rods? Tell me I have a short memory.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road

Was really hoping for something between the Circa and the One featuring Konnetic technology, but probably won't see that until the VXP sales tapper off
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM

coug will become famous soon enough

Where did they get those names? I feel old; I tried the One and did not like it, and now they are going to have something faster? I guess I like rods that load to the cork.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:54 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug View Post
Where did they get those names? I feel old; I tried the One and did not like it, and now they are going to have something faster? I guess I like rods that load to the cork.
I'm fairly certain this the Konnetic Technology replacement for the TCX.

I wish they had introduced a premium series of rods somewhere between the Circa and One. Since they cut out the ZXL line of rods, there isn't really anything in their lineup that's close to it. The Approach is more or less an entry level rod and the TXL-F does not come in a configuration other than 6'10 or 7'10.
mcnerney and troutnut4 like this.

Last edited by jaybo41; 06-14-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:12 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug View Post
Coug, I have to agree with your comments as well as those expressed by Fireroad. I have been a long time fan of Sage and have a number of their rods. Love them, but I too was hoping for something similar to the Circa or better still, a price drop in the Circa. I like slow, so I have ordered a Kabuto E Glas for a change. Should be a more relaxed one than what I have been fishing.(VXP)
mcnerney likes this.