The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Pure Fishing Acquires Hardy and Greys

Here's the press release:

Pure Fishing Announces Acquisition of Hardy & Greys Limited

Columbia, South Carolina – July 2, 2013 – Pure Fishing, Inc., a leading global provider of fishing tackle, today announced that it has acquired Hardy & Greys Limited, the well-known UK-based provider of fishing tackle for fly, carp, sea and coarse segments around the world, marketed under the Hardy Bros.®, Hardy®, Greys® and Chub® brands. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Hardy Advanced Composites Limited, Hardy & Greys also specializes in the design and manufacture of tubular components from advanced composite materials.
“With a heritage that spans over 140 years, the Hardy Bros., Hardy, Greys and Chub brands represent iconic fishing brands renowned for fly fishing as well as other specialized fishing segments,” commented John Doerr, President and CEO of Pure Fishing. “Hardy and Greys’ award winning products, now partnering with Pure Fishing’s existing brand portfolio through an expanded global distribution network, share a common passion for innovation and create unparalleled opportunities for our loyal and valued customers and anglers around the world. We place the highest importance on acting as stewards for our legacy of brands. We are pleased to welcome the Hardy & Greys team to Pure Fishing.”

Richard Maudslay, Hardy & Greys’ Deputy Chairman stated, “We are excited to be joining the Pure Fishing team. Our owner was deliberate and very selective when he chose to create value for the future of our brands by placing our company on the market for the first time in 45 years. We are proud of the Royal Warrant of Appointment from HRH The Prince of Wales and of having held ten royal warrants during the last century. This honour is a testament to the extraordinary quality products designed and manufactured by our talented and dedicated team for our Hardy Bros., Hardy, Greys and Chub fishing brands. We look forward to being able to grow our business as part of the Pure Fishing family, with its portfolio of brands that will collectively continue to create benefit for our customers and fishing memories for our anglers.”
Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pure Fishing Acquires Hardy and Greys

Interesting turn of events. Who the heck is "Pure Fishing"?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:04 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Inevitable turn of events here, this should get interesting. I hope they don't change TOO much and hold high value in the history of Hardy-Greys that it deserves.

This is what I found on Pure Fishing:

http://purefishing.com/our-brands/
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by jaybo41; 07-04-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Jarden just got another brand......

Jarden is a huge conglomerate holding several well known consumer brands

One of it’s divisions is Pure Fishing, which includes a whole pile of well known fishing brands
Our Brands « Pure Fishing
Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Interesting turn of events. Who the heck is "Pure Fishing"?
Pure Fishing = Berkley family. Founded by Berkley Bedell in Spirit Lake, IA as Berkley Fly Co.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Lots of well known brands on the roster. Everyone here should be familiar with at least a few of them. It's good to see the kind of product fit that makes some logical integration. I always worry when seeing mergers that make no sense. I still remember AMC running Harley Davidson into the mud.Bangor Punta almost killed Smith and Wesson. The list goes on and on.
Point is, it could have been worse. Blue light special on isle 4, Kmart shoppers
Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Interesting turn of events here, this should get interesting. I hope they don't change TOO much and hold high value in the history of Hardy-Greys that it deserves.

This is what I found on Pure Fishing:

Our Brands « Pure Fishing
What's next? Probably the "Perfect" will be go offshore>
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

now that's quite a suprise!!
we'll have to see what happens now.

ARFE
Old 07-02-2013, 10:42 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
What's next? Probably the "Perfect" will be go offshore>
Won't be long before access to Hardy will improve, expect to see them in Walmart before long.

Dave
Old 07-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I can't say that I am thrilled with this news but the company has been for sale for about a year. It was only a matter of time before a deal would transpire. Wish I still had that stock pile of vintage Hardy's I sold in 07............ The eBay market will go nuts with this news. I'll probably be able to find out what it will mean to me by contacting my Rep. I became a Hardy Pro last year, I'll ask what changes this will make for me.

By the way, I landed 3 Kings today with one of their (Hardy) Marksman 2 - T series Spey rods along with some dandy trout. All three salmon were in the 27 - 30 pound range and all were released without being removed from the water as per regulations.

There will be pictures on a thread soon. A slight delay in posting pictures because I dropped that little Cannon pocket camera in the water....................

What an enormous hassle! Have you ever tried to handle a 13' fly rod (I don't dunk my reels) and a 27 pound fish while operating a tiny little camera all at once?

I managed to get pictures of the salmon but none of the trout. The card reader in this hp G-72 doesn't work so I need to figure out how to retrieve the pictures.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;