The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 10:44 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

Hopefully.. this solves it

Breaking News: Two arrested in connection with area thefts, burglaries | The Madisonian
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Good. Drugs are almost always involved and I'm glad they caught 'em. That Meth is bad stuff, man. I'm glad it wasn't around when I was younger and in my "experimental" years.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough

Hope they can recover some or all of the merchandise. Sure glad to hear they caught the thieves! I have heard that meth is a big problem there, as well as everywhere else.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear there has been what appears to be a positive development in this. I still don't care for this somewhat recurring trend of ripping off sportsmen but at least these two have been apprehended.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

Best news that I have heard today. The drug issue seems to overshadow everything else, but at least they were caught and some satisfaction for the TB Outfitter. If I was thinking of buying a new rod online, especially one without an original tube, sock and warranty card, I now would probably ask for the serial number and run it by the manufacturer to obtain the registered owner and if it matches the seller. Do you think that is going too far and just a pain? Would anyone else try the same?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
Best news that I have heard today. The drug issue seems to overshadow everything else, but at least they were caught and some satisfaction for the TB Outfitter. If I was thinking of buying a new rod online, especially one without an original tube, sock and warranty card, I now would probably ask for the serial number and run it by the manufacturer to obtain the registered owner and if it matches the seller. Do you think that is going too far and just a pain? Would anyone else try the same?
I typically don't consider a rod without a tube, sock or card but your suggestion may very well be worth doing whether it comes with those pieces or not. I don't think it's going to far by any means if you don't mind a few extra steps. By asking for the SN, you may very well just weed out the undesirable sellers, especially on an auction site.

When I buy or sell here, I encourage discussion and prefer to have a conversation with a prospective buyer/seller.

I like your suggestion.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I look at the posters history. Long, to the point, etc., and I've no problem with a sale/purchase. New person and posts are pointless ... I'll take a pass.

fae