The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

New article posted on theflyfishingforum.com: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

Wow, wow! That is so effing lame I can't believe it! Twin Bridges is a tiny little town in the middle of one of the most beautiful valleys you could ever see, amazing cattle country and some of the best fishing in the world. I can't believe that someone would have the guts to break into a flyshop in and clean out the inventory of rods! With the Winston "factory" right down the street hopefully they can band together and find some these rods trying to be sold.

It makes me sick. It makes me want to drive 250 miles so I can go buy a new fly box or something.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:56 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Horrible to hear these types of events occurring. I'm sure the merchandise will find it's way to the auction sites, craigslist and the like. It's just a shame and it pisses me off.
fredaevans, jaybo41 and double d like this.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

It really sucks that stories like this one are becoming more common these days, it's not the first time I've read of something like this on a forum. Vehicle break-ins, forum classified shenanigans, fly shop break-ins, it all sucks especially when you consider that most anglers are sportsmen. Just goes to show you that there are scumbags everywhere these days. Situations such as this makes me second guess buying from that auction site or craigslist.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
It really sucks that stories like this one are becoming more common these days, it's not the first time I've read of something like this on a forum. Vehicle break-ins, forum classified shenanigans, fly shop break-ins, it all sucks especially when you consider that most anglers are sportsmen. Just goes to show you that there are scumbags everywhere these days. Situations such as this makes me second guess buying from that auction site or craigslist.
Good point. I am dedicated to building all my rods these days, but I still look for reels and other gear online. I would certainly ask a lot of questions of an online auction/craigslist seller before buying. You see so many listings that are simply wrong that is a huge red flag that the seller obviously knows nothing about what they have. I just wish there was recourse.

I bet you that no one in Twin Bridges ever locks there doors. Unfortunately it sounds like the fly shops will need expensive security systems now.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:12 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

If I lived within a 100 miles of that shop, I would keep my eyes open for anyone on the street or on an auction site selling new rods without socks and tubes. If this was a smash and grab they probably didn't get those items. Scum / lowlife. Let's hope the local authorities have an ear to the ground. The thieves probably will not sell local if it is a small town and will want to move the merchandise in a hurry. Just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Twin Bridges is so small (~400 people).. you'd think this would have been noticed.. even when it's 'busy' more than one car on the main street would be noticed.

Hopefully.. they catch them.. it would be nice if they could post the serial numbers of the missing rods
Old 07-24-2013, 03:45 PM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice

News like this is very depressing.

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if the police ever find the goods/thieves.

I once asked someone in the fine arts business why someone would steal a very famous painting. I wanted to know how he'd ever sell it.

The fellow I was talking to said, "No problem. There are people all over the world who would buy such a painting just to have it and look at it in private."

I'm afraid the fishing business is much the same. There are people all over the world who won't turn down a deal that is too good.

As I said, depressing.
mcnerney, fredaevans and jaybo41 like this.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
or on an auction site selling new rods without socks and tubes. .
Very good point - never thought about that aspect.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 PM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough

In all the times we stayed at The Stonefly Inn we never had a key for our cabin.
Sad to have heard the bad news. He usually keeps his dogs in an outside kennel just a couple of yards from the shop too. Such a small town, if any honest person would have been up at the time they would probably have noticed something. Hope Dan can somehow recoup some of his monetary losses, and in such a small town if it was a local they will probably find the thieves.
jaybo41 likes this.