The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Yellowstone Trout to be Poisoned

New article posted on theflyfishingforum.com: Yellowstone Trout to be Poisoned
Old 09-23-2013, 10:07 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Yellowstone Trout to be Poisoned

Man, the brook cutt battle goes on. Sadly it will never be Cutts alone...Brookies will make it back immediately and then the process starts over.

Here in CO we have so many waters with this same dilemma.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 AM

oldskoo11 is on a distinguished road

I feel for those who are dealing with this issue locally. I live in an area where there are very few native trout or even planted trout for that matter. The river I have fished my whole life has an invasive species of fish that eat young trout and have basically all but killed off the once vibrant fishery. I have fished this waterway all my life. From a young child this is where I fished. The "do we poison the waterway" debate IMHO is a no win situation. part of the problem is we not only kill off the invasive species we kill off a major part of the food chain as well. I don't have an answer to the problem. But I know what your dealing with...
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

They've been "reclaiming" ponds in Maine (in favor of brooktrout) since the 1930s