The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By rockriver
  • 3 Post By Liphookedau
  • 2 Post By rockriver
  • 4 Post By argail
  • 1 Post By rockriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice
Default Bristol Bay

01/15/2014: EPA releases Bristol Bay Assessment describing potential impacts to salmon and water from copper, gold mining
Old 01-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bristol Bay

Bristol Bay area is another Beaut part of Alaska & from Reading The Report Thankfully The Pebble Creek Mine is Buried however Don't be surprised if it bobs its head up at a date down the Track,we all hope not as it would be a Huge disaster.
Brian
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

A problem that is local. http://www.pewstates.org/projects/st...rn-85899390922
The impact of a mishap here is very real.
Hardyreels and fyshstykr like this.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 AM

argail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really nice

I think they also believed that nothing bad can happen: Spill of contaminated material at Ranger uranium mine; locals fear for Kakadu National Park - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
A problem that is local. Stateline - Environmental Groups Worry About Sulfide Mining in Great Lakes
The impact of a mishap here is very real.
"Environmental groups have praised Wisconsin’s permitting model, particularly its “prove it” provision, which requires companies seeking a permit to identify a similar mine in the United States that’s operated for 10 years without polluting, and one that’s been closed for 10 years without testing positive for additional pollution."

this sounds crazy! they think they have extracted and forget and then not our problem. for ore processing much pollution is released. as an example of combustion of coal affects the eastern streams! (in my head a lot of words and thoughts can`t explain clearly in English, on the subject... I just like nature, that's what my dad instilled in me and showed... )
Old 02-06-2014, 04:29 PM

This mine isn't even operational yet, and now this: H2O revision - MiningJournal.net | News, Sports, Jobs, Marquette Information | The Mining Journal I hate to even think of the water quality once they start.
argail likes this.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:08 AM

argail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really niceargail is just really nice

up!
eh coal coal 8(

Second Coal Ash Leak Sends Toxins into North Carolina River | Weather Underground
Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 PM

maybe a good news...

Flurry of Coal Power Plant Shutdowns Expected by 2016 | Weather Underground
Old 03-06-2014, 01:54 AM

UP

Salmon Fisheries Protected as EPA Blocks Mining Project | Weather Underground