The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > News & articles for discussion

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By fyshstykr
  • 4 Post By Hardyreels
  • 2 Post By littledavid123
  • 1 Post By rockriver
  • 2 Post By milt spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suisitna Dam Project.

Here is a site and some youtube video's with information about the proposed Susitna Dam that some have requested. I'm still learning about this project, hopefully our Alaskan members will chime in with info as to whether it's a good or bad issue.

Home | Susitna River Coalition | No Dam on the Susitna!

Local voices.

Birds eye view of proposed lake area.

Earthquake risk area.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Suisitna Dam Project.

You really don't want me to tee off on this but here's a peak at what I think. There is about 48 billion dollars in the Alaska treasury and the thought of all that money being there is killing our governor and some of his friends who own construction companies.

That is a crude and uninformed opinion but it isn't too far off the mark.

The dam is as bad an idea or perhaps worse than Pebble mine because it will change the Big Su forever if built. While states like Oregon - Washington and Maine are trying to remove some of the dams that have destroyed their God given environment, the governor of Alaska wants nothing more than to ruin parts of ours!

If built, this will be the largest and Most Expensive Dam In The World.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-09-2014, 05:11 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Projects like this are a huge carney show of thieves, hustlers and pick pockets. Starting with the those who want to build the dam and following right behind are the 501-C non-profits who will make money opposing it. The people getting fleeced by both sides are the ones who can least afford it, the locals.

Dave
mcnerney and rockthief like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You really don't want me to tee off on this but here's a peak at what I think. There is about 48 billion dollars in the Alaska treasury and the thought of all that money being there is killing our governor and some of his friends who own construction companies.

That is a crude and uninformed opinion but it isn't too far off the mark.

The dam is as bad an idea or perhaps worse than Pebble mine because it will change the Big Su forever if built. While states like Oregon - Washington and Maine are trying to remove some of the dams that have destroyed their God given environment, the governor of Alaska wants nothing more than to ruin parts of ours!

If built, this will be the largest and Most Expensive Dam In The World.

Ard

It's a crazy idea at best. How did this nut job ever become Governor or this beautiful state?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

If we cannot learn from our previous mistakes, we are destined to repeat them. milt
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
How did this nut job ever become Governor or this beautiful state?
He was lieutenant governor under Palin and when she quit he was next in line at the troth. This article from the Alaska Dispatch will get you in the picture; Sean Parnell: The Manchurian Governor? | Alaska Dispatch

Listen guys, I don't want us to go live in caves, and I don't want to crash the economy but jeez why does this guy have to lead? I wouldn't follow him through the bush but then he isn't going there anytime soon.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

I want to vomit on his shoes